SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    cylinder base pins
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cylinder base pins Login/Join 
Let's be careful
out there
posted
I shot SASS with the Ocoee Rangers in BF North Carolina last weekend. I had a clean (slow, but clean) match going until a cylinder pin worked loose and cost me three misses. All you single action guys, take this lesson to heart. Rolan, when you see this, it's all your fault, you should have warned me about those sorts of things.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Maybe you should check out Belt Mountain. They make custom base pins that have a set screw. Wolff sells stronger base pin catch springs.

http://www.beltmountain.com

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
You can make minor adjustments to your retainer pin so it doesn't happen. If you're having this problem your parts aren't mating up well.

THEN go buy a Belt Mountain pin. Smile

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that they shoot in Tennessee, and not NC. I with I knew you were going. I would have met you there.

Yes, you need a new retainer spring for your cylinder catch. OR you can spend a lot of money and buy a Belt Mtn. cylinder pin.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Maybe you should check out Belt Mountain. They make custom base pins that have a set screw. Wolff sells stronger base pin catch springs.

http://www.beltmountain.com

This ^^^^^^. I have done both for some of my Colt SAAs.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Heck, they're worth buying just for looks. Cool

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post