SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M18 hits the market?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M18 hits the market? Login/Join 
posted
Just got a promo E-Mail for SIG stating that the civvie M18 is going to hit the market shortly. Given the current trend towards compact guns, presumably the M18 will be a bigger seller than the M17?

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...il&utm_source=Eloqua

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope Sig will introduce the M18 Bravo, all black, with the thumb safety!

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toto:
I hope Sig will introduce the M18 Bravo, all black, with the thumb safety!

I am sure they will, an all black M18 is a no brainer.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got my M18 a few weeks ago. Also, just to compare bought a Glock 19X. The Glock 19X is much better than the Glock 17, which I used to love (still have). But the Sig M18 is a notch above the Glock. A bit more accurate. Both are much easier to manage recoil and better shot follow-up. Love them both!! Am looking to buy the Wilson Combat grip for the M18.

Posts: 34 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So congrats on your M18 and your 19x . For sure the M18 has got some advantages over the G19x.

Sig got poop colored just a bit more perfectly. I have compared both to my dogs output, especially when they have diarrhea and have eaten crap they shouldn't and sig has definitely got more accurate color rendition.

Glock doesn't give you that wonderful LCI which focuses gas and debris on your optic to simulate adverse conditions so as to improve your training and since Sig won't sell you the easily lost spring LCI spring you learn how to make your own springs. A very useful skill.

Those glock mags are made out of some crappy plastic can you imagine that? and they sell them if you look around for <$25 and sometimes less. I am happy to have to pony up nearly twice that to have actual metal visible in my mags. And of course sig limits you to 21 rds so you don't waste ammo like those guys that stuff 33 rounds in those inferior glocks. Ammo is hard to get and you should do everything you can to conserve it. I'm glad SIG could help.

Sig very nicely put the rear sight on the optics plate so that when you want to mount an optic you lose the rear sight. So that you are fully committed to learning how to run a red dot.

Sig very nicely put all the fire control parts in one not easily modified package. This has had the impact of increasing youtubes storage needs by 1% which moved GDP by .1% for all the videos that are now needed to put it back together after you try and modify it.

69stang I hope you have a sense of humor tonight. I like both guns. and you will too.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hrcjon, thanks for your informative post! And I fully agree about the color!! Appreciate the humor! So far, I have taken the teenagers (Glock 17, 19x, and Sig M18) to the range a couple of times. Shot around 400 rounds through the older teenagers, and compared recoil to my well used Gen 3 Glock 17. The new Glock and Sig have tempered the recoil fairly well. The 19X and M18 both shot accurately and flawlessly. The first time out I shot the M18 with the original grip module. Liked it well enough, but I did install the Wilson Combat grip module to see the difference. Liked the WC’s better stippling and trimmer grip. Plus it looks much better from an aesthetic standpoint. I highly recommend the Wilson Combat grip module!!! I know that teenagers can be moody and misbehave, however these older teenagers were exceptionally well mannered and behaved. Really like the M18!

Posts: 34 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post