SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gray Guns bead blast
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gray Guns bead blast Login/Join 
Picture of SR025
posted
I am going to be sending my 226 in for action work and curious if anyone has had their slide bead blasted by Gray Guns? Says it'll have the factory style natural stainless finish. Curious how it'll hold up regarding rust, ease of cleaning etc or if I should just send it off to CCR for the CPII.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I don’t know if they still do it, but in the past, GGI sent customer guns to CCR for refinishing. So, if you are having them work on your gun and want a refinishing job, they can do that for you, instead of you having to ship the gun again.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
Still do Smile

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had five SS slide Sigs bead blasted by Sig. It's a very attractive finish. Unfortunately, it doesn't photograph well, even when the pics are professional.

While it looks silvery in pics, it's actually a light silvery gray. After about two years, none of the slides have shown any abnormal wear. Includes leather carry holsters and Blade-Tech holsters. No rust or cleaning issues.

If there are any wear issues, it can be easily touched up with a ScothcBrite pad. Worst case, send it back for another bead blast. I'm totally satisfied with mine.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Thanks I appreciate the responses. After telling my wife of my plans to send my 226 in she asked how much? I told her and her response... "why not just buy a new one?" so I ordered a Legion 226, 357 sig before she changed her mind.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A man should always listen to his wife. Big Grin

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes, that wife of his is a smart woman. Cool

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
She coulda said, sell it instead.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Luckily she has bought into the one is none, two is one, etc mantra.

Picture of jlegnor
posted Hide Post
Bought a stainless P220 from someone that had tried to polish the slide up.
Sent it off to CCR and when I got it back it matched the frame perfectly!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I only work to support my hobbies"

Posts: 293 | Location: Spartanburg, South Carolinia | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post