posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4455 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I ownded one in both 9mm and 45. Both were great. I still have the 45 and only sold the 9mm to fund another DW purchase. What are you trading? I ask because the 9mm's are less expensive then the 45's and they can be found for good deals new. I got mine from buds for $1089 new and non-Blem.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Sold my DW Guardian in .45 (great gun) to buy a DW CCO. Have a DW PM-9 and ECO9. Love DW 9's.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Bud's has raised the price up just a wee bit since your purchase, Dusty78. Because so has CZ to dealers. Frown

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Bud's has raised the price up just a wee bit since your purchase, Dusty78. Because so has CZ to dealers. Frown

Yeah, they are $1400 now. My dealer has a pre owned but unfired guardian 45 in box with an extra set of vz grips that I just bought for $1195. Pick it up next week.

Will go nicely w my ss classic bobtail in 10 mm with a fitted 40sw dan Wesson match barrel. I seem to shoot that classic the best out of all my guns, anxious to shoot the guardian

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will love it. It is one of my favorite 1911s.

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:

I got mine about 6 months ago. It was probably some sort of distributor special or overstock. Buds posted it on slickguns and after they sold out they went back up to $1300+

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you specifically looking for a DW with a lighter frame? If so the Guardian is a great option, if your looking at a steel frame then I would consider the Valor in 9mm. Have you considered purchasing a Blem model? I have a few Blems.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I had a 9mm Guardian for about a year.
Great gun, but I finally figured out after buying and selling 5 1911s, they just weren't for me.
Probably the best of the 5 I owned.

I think those were Esmeralda Grips

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Do any of the DW 9mm's come with "bull" barrels?

These are some fantastic looking 1911's.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:

I got mine about 6 months ago. It was probably some sort of distributor special or overstock. Buds posted it on slickguns and after they sold out they went back up to $1300+

Ah, that's about the right time frame. Our CZ rep was hounding me with emails about that time, notifying about a lot of unsold DW inventory that they were looking at moving. We bought a few pieces (Valors mostly) but didn't go all in due to pistols with four-figure prices weren't moving very well for us then. Things have improved since but alas CZ has upped their pricing back (and even above with some models) to what they once were.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I think you will be quite pleased with your DW....and I freaking love my MPX! SBR'd mine and put the SIG retractable stock on it.

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Congrats! That was my first Dan Wesson and I liked it so much, I followed it up with a couple of Valors.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Do any of the DW 9mm's come with "bull" barrels?

These are some fantastic looking 1911's.

Yes, the ECO does.

http://danwessonfirearms.com/product/eco/