SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking for a cheap but decent .22 semi auto pistol.....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a cheap but decent .22 semi auto pistol..... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well, Sig conversion kits are on sale for $149.99 right now.

P220, P226, P228, and P229.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not super cheap, but a cz 9mm with a kadet kit is damn near impossible to beat for training new people. I have mine fitted for a full size BD. There is zero recoil, no muzzle flip, and the slide stays open on the last round.

In addition, if they want to move up to shooting actual 9mm, you already have the slide. 9mm target loads from a steel cz are not intimidating either for new shooters, and it is a very forgiving pistol to learn to shoot on.

I've taught at least a dozen people on this setup and it works well. I think the kadet kit is one of the nicer and more durable 22 conversion kits on the market. It is definitely superior to a .22lr sig kit in form and function.

Posts: 713 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
You didn't say how much you wanted to spend. I don't consider these "cheap" but now that the Ruger Mark IV is out, you could probably find some good deals on Ruger Mark II and Mark III pistols. There is also the S&W Victory to consider. All that I have mentioned are popular, good quality pistols. My own choice would be the S&W Victory and then the Ruger Mark IV for several reasons, not the least of which is easy takedown.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKAngusKL:
Not super cheap, but a cz 9mm with a kadet kit is damn near impossible to beat for training new people. I have mine fitted for a full size BD. There is zero recoil, no muzzle flip, and the slide stays open on the last round.

In addition, if they want to move up to shooting actual 9mm, you already have the slide. 9mm target loads from a steel cz are not intimidating either for new shooters, and it is a very forgiving pistol to learn to shoot on.

I've taught at least a dozen people on this setup and it works well. I think the kadet kit is one of the nicer and more durable 22 conversion kits on the market. It is definitely superior to a .22lr sig kit in form and function.

One thing you can say is it's cheaper than a S&W model 41. It rivals dedicated 22lr pistols imo.

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKAngusKL:

my friend has the cz85 with the kadet conversion and it is the nicest conversion i have ever fired. and the best trigger!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
S&W Victory. Not fussy about the ammo. Accurate and has a decent trigger. Should find one for around $350.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
If the gun is to be for training, you should go to the local pawn shop and get a semi-automatic and a revolver.

Knowledge of the mechanics of both the semi and the revolver will give a better understanding and not leave the impression that gun engineering is magic.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I vote for the Buckmark too. Possibly a used one with cosmetic defects (for low price). The Buckmark, too, has a nice trigger. Easy take-down and reassembly. With the barrel off the gun, it's easy to clean from the breech end.

Buckmark also..... And, the controls and ergonomics of the buckmark more closely resemble a real pistol than the ruger mark 1,2,3 etc.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post