SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinking about getting a P-220
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about getting a P-220 Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow in the last week or so, I started looking in the Sig 220 Carry SAS2, and now I want one Smile. I've been to 3 gun shops, and I still haven't been able to look at or handle one.

I would be very grateful to any of the experts on the site that could educate me a little about this model, and maybe compare it to other 45s (particularly from HK).

This would mainly be just a fun gun, not carried, but I do like the SAS carry treatment and lack of a rail on this model.

Thanks everyone!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I have a 220 and a 220R Carry (that I carry from time to time). Both in TT. Why not get the 220 if it's just a "fun" gun with no intention of carrying? I generally have more "fun with the longer slide. Just a thought.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
My first P220 is a Compact. I was interested in a Carry also but I was lucky enough to find a shop that had both the carry and the Compact. I liked the feel of the Compact better in my claw. Mine is the SAS Gen2. In Florida it is more difficult to conceal, a larger weapon, so I carry a P938 and when I'm working in less than sage areas like parts of Miami, I carry the P220 additionally in a 10 inch tablet bag.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
Why not get the 220 if it's just a "fun" gun with no intention of carrying? I generally have more "fun with the longer slide.

After having both I would tend to agree. The Carry is fine, but for a range toy/HD I like the longer slide.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I just shot a steel plate match with the P220 Carry, and believe me the barrel is plenty long enough. If you have to choose one, and intend to carry socially, you will have no problems competing at any range event with the 3.9 inch barrel. It is only 1/2 inch shorter than standard.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow in the last week or so, I started looking in the Sig 220 Carry SAS2, and now I want one Smile. I've been to 3 gun shops, and I still haven't been able to look at or handle one.

I would be very grateful to any of the experts on the site that could educate me a little about this model, and maybe compare it to other 45s (particularly from HK).

This would mainly be just a fun gun, not carried, but I do like the SAS carry treatment and lack of a rail on this model.

Thanks everyone!

Just the fact that you like the SAS treatment and no rail is reason enough to get it. I have the P227 SAS2B, and the only difference between the two is the fatter grip of the 227. I like it very much, and I have a feeling know that the single stack grip of the 220 will be even better.

Q

Posts: 26373 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post