SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210A grip interchange?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210A grip interchange? Login/Join 
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted
I still have’t had the chance to handle a P210A, but I was wondering if the grip frame is the same as other P210’s? I’m asking in case the over sized target grips are too big. Small hands and just thinking ahead.

Anyone tried a swap?

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I haven't thoroughly investigated this, but it appears to me that there has been a change in the 210A frame at the bottom of the beavertail. Where the top of the grip meets the rear of the frame beneath the beavertail. The 210A appears to have a rounded profile in this area while the Swiss and German guns appear straight in the same area. This may be an optical illusion, but that's the way it appears to me. If I'm correct, I would not think that grips for other 210s would properly fit the 210A version. I'll have to take grips off my other 210s to see for sure. In any case, the left grip for earlier versions, other than the Super Target, wont fit due to the relocation of the thumb safety on the American guns. I'm hoping a smaller, more traditional, type grip becomes available for the 210A. Those big target grips are a bit too much for me......

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
I haven't thoroughly investigated this, but it appears to me that there has been a change in the 210A frame at the bottom of the beavertail. Where the top of the grip meets the rear of the frame beneath the beavertail. The 210A appears to have a rounded profile in this area while the Swiss and German guns appear straight in the same area. This may be an optical illusion, but that's the way it appears to me. If I'm correct, I would not think that grips for other 210s would properly fit the 210A version. I'll have to take grips off my other 210s to see for sure. In any case, the left grip for earlier versions, other than the Super Target, wont fit due to the relocation of the thumb safety on the American guns. I'm hoping a smaller, more traditional, type grip becomes available for the 210A. Those big target grips are a bit too much for me......

Not your imagination. The area you describe curves up in the American. The others are straight across. And, yes, the only gun you can try to compare the American with is the German Legend Super Target.

So, are they interchangeable?

Answer: No. The grip frame cut-outs are completely different. You'll have to be pretty good at wood working in order to modify the German grip to fit the American P210.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Thanks for looking into this a little deeper Q. The difference between the frames is a lot more than I realized from my cursory inspection. I guess we are just going to have to wait for some 210A dedicated grips.....

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Well, this thread just saved me some money. Thanks for the info guys.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses guys! Now I’ll need to find a P210A locally to handle and check the grip fit for me.

Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Well, let’s hope it fits my hand.... I bought one off GB today (dealer I’ve bought from before). My dealer will have it Thursday.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
Well, let’s hope it fits my hand.... I bought one off GB today (dealer I’ve bought from before). My dealer will have it Thursday.

Congrats!

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Congrats!

Thanks Q. I was going to ask you about your 1000 rd post.... Did you shoot those targets off hand or from a rest?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Congrats!

Thanks Q. I was going to ask you about your 1000 rd post.... Did you shoot those targets off hand or from a rest?

As described in the original range session, all the testing was done with the gun's butt resting on the platform, me standing and crouching to level my head with the gun.
NOT off hand. I'm no way that good of a shot.

Q

Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Congrats!

As described in the original range session, all the testing was done with the gun's butt resting on the platform, me standing and crouching to level my head with the gun.
NOT off hand. I'm no way that good of a shot.

LOL, I was giving you a chance to shine.... oh yes, I shot those off hand! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
p210 American grip question:

Are there after market grips for this new pistol?
For those who have handled one - will a hand with short fingers be able to grip it properly?
Interested in this pistol but can't find one locally to put hands on.
Thanks.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome Jonholl, I think the P210A is too new for any aftermarket grips to be available. I guess I have average hands, and I can grip it OK. Hard to know, but I suspect a person with slightly smaller hands would be OK too. I certainly wouldn't want the factory target grips to be any bigger, and hope more of a standard or service style grip becomes available at some point.

NRA Life

posted Hide Post
Houge will have something in a reasonable amount of time. Sig is also talking about have a 4" "Carry" version that I assume will have slimmer grips. Give it time. The target grips are beefy, but ergonomic and the single action trigger makes reach a non-issue.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.
I guess I'll wait until I can put hands on.
I replace grips on all 1911's with Hogue flat panel rubber & with a short trigger if it doesn't come with one.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jonholl:

For those who have handled one - will a hand with short fingers be able to grip it properly?
Thanks.

So I bought a P210A last week and have shot 150 rounds. My hands are small and I'm finding the target grips to be bulky for me. I can shoot it well and deal with the beefiness but I'm also on the lookout for slimmer grips.

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timrh23:
quote:
Originally posted by jonholl:

Thanks.

So I bought a P210A last week and have shot 150 rounds. My hands are small and I'm finding the target grips to be bulky for me. I can shoot it well and deal with the beefiness but I'm also on the lookout for slimmer grips.

There are none at this time.

Q

Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat as the rest of you guys wanting an aftermarket option. Thin G10 or Nill style grips would be great for this gun.

However, it seems Sig was silent on expanding the P210 line at SHOT this year so who knows if this is yet another seasonal product (like the P250, P290, 556, and X-Series) from Sig that will disappear or enjoy ongoing support. If I were a manufacturer of aftermarket products I'd not invest any time into supporting a Sig product until it has stuck around for a while.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post