SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Taran Tactical Plus 1 on Glock 43
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taran Tactical Plus 1 on Glock 43 Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted
I’d like to hear about your experiences with the plus 1 base plates from Taran Tactical. I have two Vickers plus 2’s with extra power springs that have been flawless in my first 500 with the weapon. Just received the plus 1 TT today. 7th round fits great with a tiny bit more room left over. Seats well and hand cycling with 7 snap caps has been 100% through a few hundred cycles.

Currently, the extended floorplate of the 8 rounder or the factory plus 0 extension prints to much for my liking in dress attire. The flush and TT plus 1 don’t at all. My hope to to carry it with the plus 1

On a side note, I fired 250 rounds Sunday only using the flush mag loaded with 6 plus 1 to simulate draw and shoot and I was damn surprised how easy it was to control the weapon with only two fingers on the grip and one under the mag. I couldn’t do this with my P365.

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rockchalk06,

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't speak to adding big baseplates to the mags, other than to suggest "don't," as I've encountered too many folks that had big baseplates snap off the mags under pressure, when dropped, etc.

If you really must have extra capacity magazines for the G43, ETC makes single stack mags with 10 or more rounds.

I think there's a point of diminishing returns there when one might reconsider carrying the single stack if that much extra capacity is needed.

I used Pearce baseplates on my G43 mags initially, with the finger rest. I used the "+0" and found that the +1 adds no extra length, so tried those. Several thousand rounds through them, no problems feeding, or dropping, etc. They've held up just fine. That allows 8 rounds in the magazine, and for the single stack G43, if more are needed, I simply carry an additional magazine.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my G43 I use Taran 2 round baseplates. No problems.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
My +1 has been fine. Only a couple hundred rounds through it though.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
My +1 is 100% with about 300 rounds of ball and 50 rounds of HST.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have the +2 tt and they are the only ones that have worked perfectly all the rest have failed.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I've had a Taran Tactical+1 on one of my mags since they first came out. I've lost track of the round count but it's at least 1000 with no issues. It's the extended mag option that I've used the longest. I also have a Magguts follower/spring in another mag that gives me +1 and a Vickers +2 basepad/spring in another one. No issues with those either but I only have about 200 rounds through each.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Pearce base extensions = untrustworthy.
Taran pieces = good, except price.

After having a Pearce +1 base pop off of one of my G23 mags on the firing line, I'll never use their schlock again.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never had an issue with the pearce base plates. I use them on the G43 and the subcompact Glocks (26, 27, 33) without a problem. On anything larger, I use Vickers baseplates, and have had zero issues with those.

If the pearce baseplates aren't on correctly, they can pop off. I've dropped a lot of them during training, and they've taken a beating and had plenty of opportunities to fail, but not one, when correctly installed.

I had a G33 mag with a pearce baseplate pop apart when dropped, full, but the baseplate was installed incorrectly, cocked off the runners at the base of the mag. Had it been locked in, that wouldn't have happened.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
TT+1 = No issues with my experience with them

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I've been using the TT +1's on 2 G43 mags for at least 2 years now- my main carry mag and one of my spares. I have had no issues with a fairly high round count for each.

I like the little bit of extra length it adds.

I have a friend who carries his with a +2 on his main mag. That one is cool to shoot with but too long for me to want to carry it or use it as a spare.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've also eyeballed the Hyve extensions.

https://hyvetechnologiesbuilde...ndex.php/product/37/

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The OP might also want to look at the Magguts product for the G43. +1 capacity, no increase in mag length. Haven't heard of problems.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the pearce baseplates aren't on correctly, they can pop off. I've dropped a lot of them during training, and they've taken a beating and had plenty of opportunities to fail, but not one, when correctly installed.

Perhaps, but the plate that failed had been on that magazine for well over a year before it spilled its 'guts'...so to speak. I put those Pearce extensions on four of my G23 mags and up until that failure I'd had no issues. I will say that getting 14 rounds into those modded mags was always a bloody challenge.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
The OP might also want to look at the Magguts product for the G43. +1 capacity, no increase in mag length. Haven't heard of problems.

I've got one ordered to test out. I appreciate it sir.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Never had an issue with the pearce base plates. ...

Same here, +1s on my G-43 and +2s on the G-26.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't modify the mags with the extra-capacity pearce baseplates. I use +0; the one exception is the G43 because the +1 adds to extra length over the +0, and it provides a better contour as a baseplate for seating the mag.

Adding long baseplates to boost capacity by a couple of rounds is foolish to me. Glock mags are ultra reliable as is. If a couple of extra rounds is the order of the day, it's just as easy to use a biggger mag. If a G23, just use a G22 mag. I do the same thing with my G32. I use a G32 mag with a vickers baseplate for carry, but my reload is a G31 mag.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I don't modify the mags with the extra-capacity pearce baseplates. I use +0; the one exception is the G43 because the +1 adds to extra length over the +0, and it provides a better contour as a baseplate for seating the mag.

Adding long baseplates to boost capacity by a couple of rounds is foolish to me. Glock mags are ultra reliable as is. If a couple of extra rounds is the order of the day, it's just as easy to use a biggger mag. If a G23, just use a G22 mag. I do the same thing with my G32. I use a G32 mag with a vickers baseplate for carry, but my reload is a G31 mag.

Appreciate you lecturing me on something I already kinda said and alluded to a few posts ago. Roll Eyes

But it still doesn't change my opinion of Pearce bases, added cap or not. One failure is one too many, and I won't touch 'em anymore. All the more for the rest, I suppose.

posted Hide Post
You haven't been lectured. You'd know it.

You're welcome to your opinion; you've got to go with what works for you, as do we all.

You're right. One failure is one too many, and at the wrong time, could get you killed (or for competitors, cost a few seconds on a clock).

There is a difference, however, between using a standard pearce baseplate, and an extended one for extra capacity.