SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    365 Manual safety installed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

365 Manual safety installed Login/Join 
posted
I got the 365 manual safety/grip module from Osage Guns.

On the front of the packaging there is a scan box, pulled out my phone opened the camera and scanned the box on the package. Took my to YouTube and used their instruction videos.

5 minutes later I was done. Miracle, LOL.

I really like the manual safety, positive engagement on and off. (1911 guy, just used to manual of arms with safety).

Not my wife and I have the exact 365 setup. Tough not to really love this pistol. Been shooting it for over a year and no issues. Just to easy to carry.

BTW, in the pic there is a Gee plate on the mag base, just makes the 10 rd make smaller and easier to grab the pistol. They cost way to much for what they are, but I like them and was introduced to them on Glock 26s a long time ago.

The only thing I will do is add Talon Grips back on the frame as my old frame (non manual safety had them).

Posts: 397 | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Argee
posted Hide Post
I'm in the process of looking for a P365XL with the manual safety. Every store I've inquired at has them sans safety. I am curious what you paid for the kit?

Posts: 13 | Location: Probably Out Back At The Shooting Range | Registered: May 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the kit, parts and grip module was $60

Posts: 397 | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently ordered a 365xl grip module and going to switch out the grip module of my 365 with MS. Any recommendations for cutting a notch for the manual safety on the XL frame?

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow I cannot believe how easy it was to score a notch with a utility knife in a XL grip module. it took 15 minutes to modify the xl grip module. So for $120 bucks I have modified my P365 to sport an XL frame. $40 for grip module, and $40 each for two magazines. Will still be suitable for pocket carry.

Picture of Argee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paulbriand:
Wow I cannot believe how easy it was to score a notch with a utility knife in a XL grip module. it took 15 minutes to modify the xl grip module. So for $120 bucks I have modified my P365 to sport an XL frame. $40 for grip module, and $40 each for two magazines. Will still be suitable for pocket carry.

I'm probably going to end up buying a XL without a safety and install the safety myself. I was thinking Dremel tool. You just used a utility knife? Any pics of your work?

Posts: 13 | Location: Probably Out Back At The Shooting Range | Registered: May 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No Pics. I lined up the 365 and 365xl modules and scored the top with an exacto and used a fine hacksaw and cut approx 1/8 inch down and then used an exacto to score the bottom of the cuts and the piece i was cutting came out easily after a few folds, then I filed down .
A dremmel would work great too. I was really surprised how easy it was

Member!
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it's the same on the XL frame, but my standard 365 frame without cutouts has the actual safety cutout area inscribed in an outline directly on the frame on the left side, and a depth line of the proper width on the right side (both marks on outside of frame). It's very faint, but is visible. Basically, if you were going to modify the frame for a safety, if you follow the outline inscribed in the frame (assuming the XL frame has the same outline inscribed), the safety modification should fit and look perfect.

I did physically compare my safety cutout and non-safety cutout frames with outline marks and they match.

Posts: 4340 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Argee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xer0:
I don't know if it's the same on the XL frame, but my standard 365 frame without cutouts has the actual safety cutout area inscribed in an outline directly on the frame on the left side, and a depth line of the proper width on the right side (both marks on outside of frame). It's very faint, but is visible. Basically, if you were going to modify the frame for a safety, if you follow the outline inscribed in the frame (assuming the XL frame has the same outline inscribed), the safety modification should fit and look perfect.

I did physically compare my safety cutout and non-safety cutout frames with outline marks and they match.

It's the same outline on the XL. I purchased manual safety kit from Osage. Removed frame and cut out the openings using mini hack saw and an exacto knife. Used a small file to clean up cuts.. installed manual safety. Everything works as it should.

posted Hide Post
I assume that it's just as easy to remove a manual safety and keep things reliable? I have two 365s, one with and one without (preferred). The MS version was intended for my wife, but she hates the 365 recoil so now it's my backup to the backup, so to speak. Since I've been all-in on Glocks for three decades I'd rather not deal with a MS, especially since I already have a 365 without one.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
I assume that it's just as easy to remove a manual safety and keep things reliable?

Yes, easily done. Just reverse the install process.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
I assume that it's just as easy to remove a manual safety and keep things reliable? I have two 365s, one with and one without (preferred).

Easy to remove as long as you don't mind the cutout in the frame remaining from where the MS fits.

If you're interested in swapping a MS frame for one without, email me. It's in my profile. I'd email you, but you don't have one in your profile.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post