SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X Series Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X Series Question Login/Join 
posted
I am getting the bug for another X Series pistol. I have two X-5 AllAround in different calibers but am not as familiar with all the others, especially the X-6 series.

My question is: 1. Is there a X-5 Series model that is more desirable than another X-5 model? 2. Same for the X-6

Thank You

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0658:
I am getting the bug for another X Series pistol. I have two X-5 AllAround in different calibers but am not as familiar with all the others, especially the X-6 series.

My question is: 1. Is there a X-5 Series model that is more desirable than another X-5 model? 2. Same for the X-6

Thank You

Desirability is up to the individuals. Different folks have different taste. Even the ugly colored ones have their followers. As you can probably tell, I don't care for them colored X-guns (Ruby, Emerald, Scandic, Blue Pearl, Blue Moon).

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Ditto. I like the B&W, but wouldn't trade my plain jane Competition (with Burke action job) for any of the other fancy X5s.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I'm not really sold on the technicolor guns either. Or the ones with the ginormous X enhanced upon them. Or the skeleton version...

The most desirable one I can think of would be the 9mm P220. I finally got one last year and it was worth the wait (and the wad of cash).

My other favorite was the P226 'Target' that was an X-Five, but priced for less than the used Legion next to it. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a Scandic 226X6 in 9mm, didn't like it, sold and now shoot the 220X6, fantastic. 45ACP, much more fun to shoot. Like 12131 said, to each his own.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I probably wouldn't pay for any of the 'Short' models, and the colorful models aren't the aesthetic I am looking for, but any of the other X-Five and X-Six models are awesome. I'd prefer the models with the adjustable SAO trigger of course.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
X5 Tactical's in 9mm seem to have a pretty big following. X6's seem to be the rarest of the bunch. I agree with the X5 Short. I owned one and sold it. It does't have the buffered guide rod and I found it to be less pleasurable to shoot than the full sized models.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrojanX4:
X5 Tactical's in 9mm seem to have a pretty big following. X6's seem to be the rarest of the bunch. I agree with the X5 Short. I owned one and sold it. It does't have the buffered guide rod and I found it to be less pleasurable to shoot than the full sized models.

Mark, I see that you changed your avatar from the X-Short to the P320 X-Five. Wink

I like all the X-guns (original and Enhanced), except the colored ones I mentioned.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Not into the colors, as mentioned by others, with the exception of the Black & White.

I have the P226 X5 L1. Would enjoy owning the P220 X6 but, not at current price levels.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Black & White, it really looks fantastic. One of my my favorite X-guns. Cool

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Speaking of Black & White, it really looks fantastic. One of my my favorite X-guns. Cool

Super Match grips? Looks awesome!

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC Fan:
Super Match grips? Looks awesome!

Yes, the second gen, too. More aggressive, and better looking with the checkering at the top.

Q

posted Hide Post
Thank you all, I appreciate the observations. I too cannot get excited over the colored x-5's.

I will be looking for one of the traditional German X-5's.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

This reminds me – I haven't seen a post from Photoman for quite awhile. His pistol photos are simply awesome. He even makes Glocks look pretty – and that's a helluva feat.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post