SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 lights for x-series compact grip module
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 lights for x-series compact grip module Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know what lights (I'm partial to Streamlight) will securely mount to X-series compact grip module?
I love the x-series grip modules for comfort and controllability. However, I was disappointed with the compact grip module. The length of the grip module (aka dust cover) is about 3/8 inch shorted than the standard compact and carry grip modules (the latter both go all the way to the end of the slide). As a result, mylights no longer mount securely (Streamlight MX-3 and Streamlight TLR-1 HD). The other downside to this is that if the barrel is pressed against something, it comes out of battery and cannot be shot. Why Sig decided to not keep the same length dust cover when it has these negative impacts, is beyond me.

Posts: 6 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The X-Compact grip's rail is shorter because the P320 X-Compact uses a Subcompact-length slide, not the Compact/Carry-length slide. If they used the standard Compact/Carry-length rail, the rail would have protruded past the muzzle of the X-Compact slide.

Streamlight's TLR-7 and TLR-7A lights work just fine on the X-Compact rail. (Their TLR-3 also fits, but is a pretty terrible light, so I wouldn't recommend it.)

The full-sized M3/TLR-1/X300/etc. lights won't work on the X-Compact grip, because the rail is too short. They will only fit on the normal Compact/Carry grip's rail.

Here's my Compact/Carry slide on an X-Compact grip with a TLR-7A light:

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an X-Compact. As mentioned above the TLR-7 fits on it.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
OLight PL Mini 2 Valkyrie

It has an adjustable rail, is extremely compact, very bright, and is rechargable. I liked mine so much I now have 3, and one full sized O-Light on my rifle:

https://www.olightstore.com/ol...-mini-2-black-1.html

Between the pricing, quality, rechargability, and versatility of having the adjustable rail, O-Light is probably the only weapon light brand I'm ever gonna buy again.

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
O-Light is probably the only weapon light brand I'm ever gonna buy again.

How's the holster availability?

That's a consideration for many of these "off-brand"/"less popular brand" weaponlights... Holster availability.

Lots of stuff out there for handguns with Streamlight/Surefire lights, but not as much for the smaller brand lights from places like Inforce, Olight, Crimson Trace, etc. (Or especially the cheap Chinese "Amazon special" type of lights.)

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up the tlr-7a for my 320 x-compact. The light fits nicely, but I am still searching for a holster that can accommodate the gun/light combo.

Posts: 226 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shkuhn:
I recently picked up the tlr-7a for my 320 x-compact. The light fits nicely, but I am still searching for a holster that can accommodate the gun/light combo.

Lots of kydex options out there. Look for holsters for the P320C with TLR-7, not specifically the X-Compact.

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
My daily carry is the X-Compact with the Olight PL Mini 2. Werkz (www.werkz.com) holsters makes a nice IWB kydex holster for that specific combination. I added the optional OWB adapter loops and find it very comfortable.

Michael

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ALLEGRO1957
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
My daily carry is the X-Compact with the Olight PL Mini 2. Werkz (www.werkz.com) holsters makes a nice IWB kydex holster for that specific combination. I added the optional OWB adapter loops and find it very comfortable.

Michael

I carry a Werkz IWB for my P320cRX with an Inforce APLc. Very nice setup for me.

Be a productive citizen but always be prepared

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
O-Light is probably the only weapon light brand I'm ever gonna buy again.

How's the holster availability?

That's a consideration for many of these "off-brand"/"less popular brand" weaponlights... Holster availability.

Lots of stuff out there for handguns with Streamlight/Surefire lights, but not as much for the smaller brand lights from places like Inforce, Olight, Crimson Trace, etc. (Or especially the cheap Chinese "Amazon special" type of lights.)

The "light bay" on Safariland ALS holsters is made for big weapon lights, so anything smaller will fit, and those are the only holsters I use. O-light is starting to gain a lot in popularity and I'm starting to see a lot of manufacturers add their light line-up to their custom molded holsters as well.

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The "light bay" on Safariland ALS holsters is made for big weapon lights, so anything smaller will fit

Very true. When I carry the P320C/TLR-7A shown above at work, I carry in a Safariland ALS duty holster for a P320C/TLR-1.

I was more thinking about concealment holsters, which are molded to specific lights, and where Olight compatibility seems a bit lacking.

Good to hear it's getting some traction with the holster makers, though. Variety is a good thing.