SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new to me CZs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new to me CZs Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
I fell victim to some of the latest talk here so I acquired a couple of CZ75s. I wanted a little bit of a challenge, so I picked up from Bud's, a surplus 75BD and a surplus 75 pre B. Both are worn on the outside, but very clean and not too worn on the inside. Both are pretty accurate and each ate a box of 50 with zero issues! For right now, I am going to cerakote them and polish the triggers. Later on, I might hop them up a bit. I'm on my second small parts order from Cajun Gun Works. I can see these might become addicting!

75BD

75 PreB

I tore down the BD to parade rest

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
Those don't look too bad. Throw on a new coat of paint, springs & new grips and they'll be ready to go!

What's the date stamp on their slides?

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
99 on the BD and 91 on the pre B. The pre B looks like it's wearing a Krylon paint job! Some armorer somewhere has mad skills!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I finished up the BD model! It's Desert Sage Cerakote. I was going to do the controls in Graphite Black, but I got to looking at the Colt M45A1 and thought I'd give the look a try. I might go back and re-do the controls the next time I do black. If anybody has torn one of these down, I'll go ahead and admit, my slave pin slipped when I was pulling the cage, so I sent a couple hours learning how to re-assemble the disconnector decocker sear cage!

Beth Greene

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I finished up the BD model! It's Desert Sage Cerakote. I was going to do the controls in Graphite Black, but I got to looking at the Colt M45A1 and thought I'd give the look a try. I might go back and re-do the controls the next time I do black. If anybody has torn one of these down, I'll go ahead and admit, my slave pin slipped when I was pulling the cage, so I sent a couple hours learning how to re-assemble the disconnector decocker sear cage!

Ooooh, that's pretty.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
Wow! That made a difference!

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Fine work indeed.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
That came out nice!
I've done the decocker cage once!!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice work T.dogg !

Really dig how the BD turned out.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Thanks y'all! My brother bought one too, his is a little over 100 serial numbers older, he wants me to coat his black and gray. I have a pre B to do too.

Beth Greene

I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Looks great. I wish I possessed the skills.

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
That turned out well. Nice gun.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Kind of changed it up a little bit, put the slide and controls in sniper black. I like it better this way.

Beth Greene

Picture of Tango Sierra
posted Hide Post
That looks better.

I've sold most of my Sigs (only have a P225 left but I've been unable to give that one up even thought the existence of the P225 makes no sense to me) but I'll never give up my CZ 75B. It's my favorite 9mm gun for IDPA.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Rural North Central Illinois | Registered: November 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kind of changed it up a little bit, put the slide and controls in sniper black. I like it better this way.

That does look better.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Great job! Cool

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Looks better this way in my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post