SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hogue slip on beavertail grips for Shield 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hogue slip on beavertail grips for Shield 9mm Login/Join 
posted
I just ordered one of Hogues New slip on beavertail grips for my Shield 9mm......if you have any experience with these.....what's your opinion?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sig protects my life, home, and family....."God guards my soul"

Posts: 1477 | Location: owensboro, ky | Registered: December 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I put them on my Shield 9 and they are very nice. Makes for a good solid grip feel. They are very tight fitting and I had to fight to get them on. I used Windex as a lubricant and a lot of finger power.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have those on my Kel Tec PF9,Walther PPS, and Ruger LCPII.

Like those better than the original Hogue Handall.

They are however, just a little thicker than the Hogue Handalls, but much more durable.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.....

Posts: 1477 | Location: owensboro, ky | Registered: December 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put one on my GF's 9mm Shield and one on my son's Bersa Thunder 380.
GF decided she didn't like it so we took it off the Shield.
On the Bersa, I thought the Hogue grip would help with the "snappyness" and make it more comfortable to shoot.
While the added circumference allowed for a better grip on the gun, it didn't really help with the overall unpleasantness of shooting the gun.
Gave the Bersa back to my son & I don't know if he left the grip on or took it off.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I like it on my Shield .45, wife and daughters prefer the Talon grip.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I have a granulated rubber Talon on my Shield .40, which I've been happy with.

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put one on and hated it. It changed the way the grip feels to me in very bad way. Gave it to buddie and he hated it also.

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never liked how the grip felt on my shield so I got the hogue slip on. Anything you put on a grip will change how a grip feels that's common sense. I'm happy with the slip on. Takes away the harsh feel of the original shield grip and doesn't slide around when I'm shooting the gun.

Posts: 1241 | Location: OHIO | Registered: December 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Seems like that curl would force a person's hand down and away from the slide action and the centerline of the bore, counter to what we try to achieve when attempting to hold as high as possible. Maybe it's more friendly for folks with big meaty paws (slide bite...ouch), but those of us with dainty lil' mitts (me me) that so-called 'beavertail' would appear to be of little to no value. 'Sides, I never like the Handall II in the first place, which I assume the rest of which remains intact for this iteration? The cancer tumor palm swells, the pokey finger groove ridge...naw, I can definitely still do without.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Seems like that curl would force a person's hand down and away from the slide action and the centerline of the bore, counter to what we try to achieve when attempting to hold as high as possible. Maybe it's more friendly for folks with big meaty paws (slide bite...ouch), but those of us with dainty lil' mitts (me me) that so-called 'beavertail' would appear to be of little to no value. 'Sides, I never like the Handall II in the first place, which I assume the rest of which remains intact for this iteration? The cancer tumor palm swells, the pokey finger groove ridge...naw, I can definitely still do without.

I have small hands and I don't find the beavertail grip or the grip shape deters at all from rapid and accurate shooting. I shoot much better with the grip installed. If you haven't tried them I think you should. They're cheap enough.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well.....thanks for all the info. I received the grip sleeve today.....after getting it on....as for my hand size and grip, I love it. Haven't shot it yet, so....I'll have to wait for my final assessment. I also got a Pierce grip extension for the seven rd. mag, and this combo works perfect for my hand size. For 9 buck's....I found it to be a worthy investment....Merry Christmas to you all.....