SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I have come to love my Glock 19X.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have come to love my Glock 19X. Login/Join 
Let's be careful
out there
posted
Ever since the early 90's , I have been lukewarm about Glocks. I's buy one, sell it, buy another, sell it, etc. I did keep a couple model 20s, a 31, and a 32C. They are okay, but not exciting, or even interesting. Then my LGS guy convinced me to try this baby poop colored 19x. It's like the Glock version of a Colt commander; fullsize frame, shorter barrel and slide. Huge magazines. I swapped offthe 19 rounders immediately.
The ting is, this thing fits my hand perfectly. no finger groves, maybe a slight difference in grip angle.
Most importantly, it points where I aim it; every other Glock I've had pointed high on presentation. This one doesn't. Don't know why, but it doesn't.
It has two flaws: the meh Glock night sights (already replaced with Trijicons), and the fact that it is the color of baby poop. In spite of that, I intend to shoot it a lot, maybe once in a while tote it. I've named it the PoopGun. Any other opinions on the 19X?

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like mine.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its perfect for me. Milled for an RMR I've been shooting one in matches since the beginning of the year. Can't really think of a single problem and the only thing that annoys me is the G5 mag interchange issue.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The stock night sights sucked for me as well. I replaced them with Ameriglo Agents. That's the sights I'm standardizing all my Glocks to.

The color will grow on you. I call it my PoopGun as well. I bought a few more OEM 19/17 round mags for it. I've had no issues at all with the Magpul mags either. My threaded barrel from my gen2/3/4 19 fits just fine.

The trigger feels better than the gen5 19 I got at the same time.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
its perfect for me. Milled for an RMR I've been shooting one in matches since the beginning of the year. Can't really think of a single problem and the only thing that annoys me is the G5 mag interchange issue.

Do the previous generation mags not work in the Gen 5?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
gen5 baseplates won't fit the 19X. If you swap the baseplate out for a gen3/4, then it will work in your 19X. The lip thing interferes with gen5 baseplates.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pleased with ours, except for the color. It’s a very good shooter that happens to be quite ugly.

We trudge on.

Posts: 123 | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite Glock of all time. I have 2. They are very good shooters, well balanced and I am one of the folks who loves the color.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds similar to my experience.

Purchased Gen 3; 17, 19, 26, 20, 29, 34, and 35. Sold them all. Nothing particularly wrong with them but I shot other platforms better. Then tried again with Gen 4 17, 19, and 26. Still couldn't shoot them that well. Sold them too.

Now I love my 19X. It shoots so well. To be fair I also like the Gen 5 19. Now I shoot these better than other platforms which I've got more time on, and I've only had the 19X for a few months.

cc

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
gen5 baseplates won't fit the 19X. If you swap the baseplate out for a gen3/4, then it will work in your 19X. The lip thing interferes with gen5 baseplates.

There is always a fix for things....Smile

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I love seeing that! Some of us are too scared to cut off the lip.

For a home gun, maybe, but I like to carry my guns and mods have to get approved and I had a hard enough time getting aftermarket night sights and wmls approved for off duty carry.

If the 19X ever gets released in black and in something other than 9mm, I might have a new duty weapon. I was told to hold off on switching our gen3 31s to gen4 31s till next year's budget, so maybe in the mean time Glock can announce something new. We're not switching away from 357sig for at least another 5-13 years.

Not minority enough!

posted Hide Post
I recently rented one and also like it a lot, a have a G17 gen 5 that like a lot also and if I find a good deal on a G19X I would pick one up in a heart beat. In my opinion is well balanced and I prefer full size frames even for edc l.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m pleased with mine. It’s a Franken I always wanted to try but couldn’t since the 17 and 19 had different locking blocks. I much prefer the 17 grip as it doesn’t point to the sky like the 19 does. The 19x balances better for me than a 17 or 34. The poopy color doesn’t bother me.

I never understood why every Glock has to point differently. If it’s supposed to be so ergo, why put the butt hump in a different place on every model?

What I still don’t like is the trigger to grip location. Makes my index finger do a weird jog. But such is the price of the hobby.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Good, good.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
LOL

...it never stops !

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Mine sits on my bedside table equipped with Agent sights, a Gadget, a TLR1 HL and a factory extended slide stop. The previous position holder for the past ten years or so, my HK USP40, now reposes in the safe.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I love seeing that! Some of us are too scared to cut off the lip.

For a home gun, maybe, but I like to carry my guns and mods have to get approved and I had a hard enough time getting aftermarket night sights and wmls approved for off duty carry.

If the 19X ever gets released in black and in something other than 9mm, I might have a new duty weapon. I was told to hold off on switching our gen3 31s to gen4 31s till next year's budget, so maybe in the mean time Glock can announce something new. We're not switching away from 357sig for at least another 5-13 years.

A black version is coming, at the specific requests of LE agencies. It very likely could be in 40 as well as 9mm, but highly unlikely a .357 will be seen for some time, if ever.

The .357 is an excellent round especially for LE, but it seems to be slowly dying due to costs. I don't even order .357 for my agency any longer since the last officer carrying it switched over to 9mm

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be still my beating heart.....a 32X? Please, please,please!

Stranger things HAVE happened!

Posts: 102 | Location: Mentor, OH | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
If this is it, I’m calling my blue label dealer asap.

Not minority enough!