SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    First range day with my P365 SAS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First range day with my P365 SAS Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You could probably sell that thing on the open market and get more than the store would give you unless they've been great in the past. I went that direction once and decided to never do it again. I've been moving my own guns and have never looked back.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand what you are saying about getting more from an individual, but the guy I deal with at the shop has been "OK" for a dealer in the past.

Selling here or some other forum requires more effort than I am willing to put into it. I don't have a place to host photos yet and am not overly interested in finding one. And trying to price it on the net is painful, lowball offers, messages telling me it's too high, etc. I just want it gone and am willing to take the hit for an on the spot transaction.

Once I decide to get rid of something, I generally don't fool around, it's just gone. If they are taking trades, this one is gone tomorrow after lunch.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the guy at the shop was just a bit below the bottom line I could live with, so I decided to wait. And, lo and behold, there's a gun show scheduled for next weekend (usually a small one, but, who knows since this is the first I know of in TampaBay since the "pandemic)" and my friend is gonna be set up there.

He offered to take it and set it on his table. I'll price it as low as I can live with (a bit above the dealer's offer) and hopefully it will sell.

If it doesn't sell, I'll put the Lima Laser on my regular P365 that is getting new Trijicons put on (I pick it up tomorrow) and the SAS can be relegated to the safe.

I may even go up Sunday after Church and prowl the aisles of the gun show-maybe something will call out to me and I'lll spend more money (something I am sadly very good at).

No regrets over buying the SAS-it looked interesting and I wanted to try one since they first came out. So I did and it just didn't work out as I'd hoped. So, on to something else. I do need a SA Uberti or similar in 44-40, right? Yeah, I need it like I need a tail.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post