SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P226 Frame Only?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P226 Frame Only? Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted
Ok, maybe a stupid question, if it is I beg apologies. However, I was wondering where a likely place might be found to buy a Sig P226 frame, just the frame, no other parts. I have a project in mind (too long to explain here), but it is totally legal, LOL!

I realize the frame is serialized and would most likely have to be transferred just as a firearm would, from FFL to FFL. I've searched the big green gun auction site for a time, no dice. Curious if anyone had any leads. In a perfect world, it would not have any rails.

Thanks, all.

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Maybe post a WTB in the SIGforum Classified... Wink

ETA: Option Two - Buy a 'beater' with a good Frame, or possibly an LEO Trade-in that was 'carried a lot/shot little', and keep all the internals you don't need as spares.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhracecraft,

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Either here or GB. Preferably here, but you don't see them too often.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
WTB is up. GB has been leadless.
I will continue the quest...

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Glock frames are easy to find (I've bought 3 on GB), classic Sigs not so much...

I got a real beater P226 for I think $375, but that is still more than a frame?

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have seen beater Police trades for $350 shipped. Sell upper and parts/ mag(s) for about a $150-75 frame.
Gtdistributors has no rail DAK for $329 & ship. You oughta be able to get all in for about $150 after you sell off everything you don't want.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh, please take the time to explain. Interest is piqued!

"I won't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Posts: 29 | Location: TX | Registered: October 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
I might be interested in the slide if you go that way.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
P226 .22LR is $550, you should be able to sell slide and mags for $200 = $350 for brand new frame.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ Went this route for a P229 frame for a Frankensig 228. Cheapest railed frame I could find.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post