SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Latest... My First P226R
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Latest... My First P226R Login/Join 
posted
Hello, All!
Not anything unseen around here, just a very clean P226R with case & two factory magazines.

I’ve observed for a while now, (more than a couple of years) that there seems to be a glut on good deals to be had. Either that, or I’m just having some great luck finding deals...

I picked this up for less than $430, cash deal at a pawn shop. Say what you will about pawn shops, my experience has been that some will come down, significantly.
Of course, it helps to be a regular customer for many years.

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Real nice score for $430. I probably would have jumped too.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I like the caliber too

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys!
This is my first in .357 SIG, although I plan on buying a barrel in that caliber for my recently-acquired P229 (.40 S&W). I’ve heard from a shooting buddy that it’s a great caliber.

Anyone else have a similar experience, regarding prices on used (or new) handguns?
Maybe, it’s my specific area.

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Solid!

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In short, helluva deal. My own P226R .40 is one of my favorites.

Pic #3 is very interesting. Didn't realize Texas had UFO's. I thought Arizona had a corner on the market. Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Nice, I would have jumped all over that.

I have a 229 in .357 that I would like even better if ammo was a bit cheaper.
.40 is easier for me to find locally so that's what I mainly shoot out of it.
Gotta bring some though and zap the gong at 75 yds. Take that 9mm, LOL

Posts: 1476 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
In short, helluva deal. My own P226R .40 is one of my favorites.

I’d like to get a .40 S&W bbl. for this one, as well as the .357 SIG bbl. for my P229.

quote:
Pic #3 is very interesting. Didn't realize Texas had UFO's. I thought Arizona had a corner on the market. Razz

Could be “The Marfa Lights.”

One More Sig to the Family!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill-in-Texas,

Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Picked up a P226 in 357 for about the same recently and have not looked back.
I did acquire .40 and 9mm hardware for it along with an SRT kit.
You're in for a lot of fun from one, nice pistol.
Congrats!

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Nice deal! That is very similar to my carry gun.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
357 SIG is best SIG. Good score.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post