SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 229 Legacy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 229 Legacy Login/Join 
posted
found this unused and it does look good; seller wants $650; I can not find info on it or its p229-1 barrel. please help

Posts: 232 | Registered: April 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rjksx1:
Sig 229 Legacy

found this unused and it does look good; seller wants $650; I can not find info on it or its p229-1 barrel. please help

P229 "Legacy" uses the old P228/P229 barrel, not the 229-1 barrel.

Q

Posts: 26373 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The exposed back part of the barrel says "Sig P229-1"

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's not original to the gun, although it will fit in there. The 229-1 barrel is designed for the "newer" P229 with the long external extractor slide.

Q

Posts: 26373 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok can you tell me how to determine the birthday of this gun?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok can you tell me how to determine the birthday of this gun?

Depends on what the serial number is. Check out the serial number thread at the top of this page first to see if it falls anywhere within the list of P229s.

If not, call SIG CS on Monday with the serial number. They should be able to tell you.

Q

posted Hide Post
There were Legacy slides in late model 229s. I have a 229 40cal with the Legacy slide and run a 9 conversion and 229-1 mags. Do not know if there were any produced in 9mm.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The Classic Carry P229 that came out last year is 9mm and has Legacy slide.

Q

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Have to admit I'm lost on this one. I didn't even know those P229-1 barrels would fit the Legacy type slides. Would they also fit the P228s then?

Anyway, FWIW I have a "Legacy slide" 9mm P229CC, purchased new, that just has "9MM PARA" and SIG on the chamber.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gun was made Jan. 9, 2017; it appears to have the correct locking block; the serial number says its a Legacy.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
Have to admit I'm lost on this one. I didn't even know those P229-1 barrels would fit the Legacy type slides. Would they also fit the P228s?.

Yes. I tested this several years ago with the 229-1 barrel from my M11-A1 into a P228. Fitted right in, but with the top of the barrel hood sitting just a little lower. No matter. It test fired just fine. I made a point at that time, when the P228/229 barrels were in short supply, that if you were in a bind, you could always use the 229-1 barrel in the P228. I'll dig up some old pics later.

Here we go, pics.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

It's not original to the gun, although it will fit in there. The 229-1 barrel is designed for the "newer" P229 with the long external extractor slide.

the model is WE29-9-BSS-LGCY; do you think I have to be concerned?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rjksx1,

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

the model is WE29-9-BSS-LGCY; do you think I have to concerned?

Question is, did previous owner swap barrels, or did the gun come from SIG like this? Unlikely from SIG. Since you're not the original owner, you don't know what the previous owner did to the gun. So, I suggest you call SIG CS tomorrow and find out. Btw, the "W" at the beginning of the Part Number indicates that this was a LE gun.

Q

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
We can do better in the thread title than just listing the name of a weapon. Please be more specific as to why you posted the thread.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would really like to know if this is a factory gun. The model on the case sticker says WE29-9-BSS-LGCY. It has no rail, is nitron, has night sights, came with three 13 rounders, and appears to have a SRT kit(have not taken panels off).

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q, good to know. These later barrels obviously work with the older locking blocks then. Didn't know about the "W" either. Sure enough, mine doesn't have the W in the model number.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, Should I worry about using this gun?

posted Hide Post
quote:
I would really like to know if this is a factory gun. The model on the case sticker says WE29-9-BSS-LGCY. It has no rail, is nitron, has night sights, came with three 13 rounders, and appears to have a SRT kit(have not taken panels off).

I went to Top Gun Supply and got the 15 round Mags for it. I love this gun . Its a steel.

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just spoke with Sig; it is a Legacy with a p229-1 barrel and locking block.

posted Hide Post
quote:
just spoke with Sig; it is a Legacy with a p229-1 barrel and locking block.

Good to know, thought it would be.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post