SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock .22lr kits? Experience?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock .22lr kits? Experience? Login/Join 
in the end karma
always catches up
posted
I have moved to a red dot on my Glock 19 and I need to work on grip and presentation because I have a hard time picking up the dot. Which kit? And how well do they work? Lots of jams? Is it a waste of money?

Thanks
Ed

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I have one of these and love it.
Adv. Arms Glock conversion kit
Just use the ammo they recommend and it runs great. Practice failure drills by mixing in some ammo (Win) they don't recommend.
Rem golden bullet, CCI minimag are GTG. The ammo advice comes with the kit and mine is years old so they may have changed some over the years.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Advantage arms kits are generally good. Polish the barrel/hood really well and run it wet and it'll probably be very reliable with the recommended ammo. My 1911 AA kit is 100% with the recommended ammo, and I didn't polish anything. Plus the slide locks back empty, which is a feature that is rare on conversion kits.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an Advantage Arms conversion on a G17, it worked perfectly with Remington Golden bullets as specified in the instructions.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking about getting one for my 19 but can’t seem to find any for the gen 5. Anyone use one on a gen 5 glock?

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a long history of using the AA conversion with very good luck. on several different glocks. I run minimags and its pretty darn reliable for what it is.
That said I question if it will help your original need. I suffered for a long time and a number of rounds to get good at picking up the dot. But I am unaware of any way to run a red dot on a AA slide or any conversion slide and there is simply nothing in running irons that fixes this issue IMO. You need to practice finding the dot.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I have an advantage arms G17 conversion.
It works flawlessly!

However, once the upper is installed, the trigger action is noticeably stiffer than when the 9mm upper is on.

Loading the mags is a PIA, I have 5mags so I can load a box of ammo with an uplula before I go to the range.

Otherwise, I really enjoy shooting my Glock 17 as a 22, it would be fun if AA offered a conversion for the G42 and G43.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I have an Advanrage Arms kit for my G23. As long as I feed it standard velocity ammo running at 1,250 FPS or better it's 100% reliable.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post