SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions on the P245
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on the P245 Login/Join 
posted
I have been offered a P245 as partial trade on another pistol I have. I have never hears of the P245 much less handled or fired one. What can you guys tell me about it? The guy claims its worth $800. Its in the SIG case with 3 mags, but I dont know yet if they are P245 or P220C mags. Ant info would be appreciated.

Still waters run deep, so careful I don't drown you.

Posts: 146 | Location: Grantville, Ga | Registered: June 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
It's a fine gun. Very reliable and accurate. The difference between a 245 and a 220 compact are (1) the 245 has the folded steel slide with a breech block insert while the 220 compact has an all stainless steel milled slide, and (2) the magazine base pad on for the 220 compact is slightly, very slightly longer than the base pad for the 245 magazine - they are interchangebale in either gun. I have a mix of both magazines I use in my 245 and there is no functional differnece.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a beautiful p245 two tone years ago. It was a complete gem. I parted with it and then decided to try out a p220 Compact Elite SAO years later. While I thought it would fill that void, the p245 was still my pick.

By very small measurements, the p245 is slightly longer in the slide and shorter in the grip. Nothing life changing, but that is one of the few differences.

Can't find most of my p245 pics but, I prefer the classic SIG aspect of it. I see them here in the $600 range every so often, but it's rare to see either in local shops new or used.

SIG p245 TT by cxcxsx, on Flickr

IMG_7434 by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
P245 has been my EDC for almost 10 years.

I have a "few" extras, just in case.

OK, so maybe more than 1/2 a dozen, but it's hard to count accurately on monkey fingers.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have always liked the 245 from an aesthetic and feel in the hand perspective. Seems to be every bit as adored as the 220 just in a more compact package. I bought a Dan's Ammo (50 imported) one used, but pristine from a forum member here a while back.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Accurate & comfortable shooter.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huge regret I sold mine.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
I love mine. I'm more accurate with it than my P220.

Handles the .45 round nicely.

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gordynismo:
Huge regret I sold mine.

Yes me too. Great gun very accurate compact 45.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love mine. Shoots as well as a full sized 220.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanx for all the replies. I think I'm going to proceed with this trade. Sounds like the 245 is a fine pistol with some desirable features.

Posts: 146 | Location: Grantville, Ga | Registered: June 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 245 but I never carry it because of the low capacity. That is the only downside as far as I'm concerned.

Posts: 5732 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Because of my old fartness, I've become weight conscience with my carry guns so I don't carry my P245, but it is still worth owning. It is pleasant to shoot and accurate. It won't be leaving the stable any time soon.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
For me, it didn't fit my hand the grip was just a little short. I put the small mag extension on it but never really felt comfortable with it so I sold it. I'm currently looking at a glock 30s ten rounds and fit and feels nice.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I really like my P245. Funny thing is, they have been around for quite a while, 1999 to be exact. And I don't think anyone but Sig fanatics really knew it. All of the clammering for something like a Glock 30/36 or the S&W Shield in 45 is like they are the first things to come out like that.

Good job on your P245 purchase.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I had one years ago. Was a reliable and accurate gun. It didn't like longer ammo. Ended up selling it to a member here years ago during my divorce.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I made the trade and I think I'm gonna like this pistol. Gonna try and shoot it tomorrow, pics to follow. Thanx for your insights!

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Hope you like it better than I did.
The size & weight turned me off it.
Mine sat un-used for years.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
It's not been mentioned but full size 220 magazines also will function in the 245....8 & 10 rounds.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOVE my 245, just had to do a tiny bit of trigger work to bring it up to the WG standard of the rest of my Sig fleet.
My biggest problem is I have too many guns that I like and too little time to spend with them :-(

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post