SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P320 - grip frame slotted for safety
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P320 - grip frame slotted for safety Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
LAG tactical makes really nice holsters, I have them for my 320 and a 226. Lead time is two weeks for custom stuff and less than that for common stuff they have in stock.

Posts: 311 | Location: California | Registered: September 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
I would just like to make certain that the slide / barrel assemblies are interchangable between the manual safety and non safety fcu's. Thanks.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit conflicted with the idea of a safety on a striker fired gun. Seems like all the drawbacks of having a manual safety and non of the advantages of having a good trigger.

Wouldn't a SAO P226 or SAO P220 make more sense? Or a 1911?

I personally prefer to NOT have a safety on my handguns if prudent and possible. BUT i'm not as comfortable carrying cocked and unlocked with a striker fired gun. So I personally prefer either a DA/SA such as the classic Sig line or DAO in a P250.

Everyone has different ideas and there's more than one way to get things done, those are just my thoughts.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Just another layer of security to help minimize possibility of firearm discharging when it is not meant to for those that desire such. Anyhow that is not what this thread is about.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
I would just like to make certain that the slide / barrel assemblies are interchangable between the manual safety and non safety fcu's. Thanks.

My instinct is yes, but someone who actually knows should speak up.

quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
I'm a bit conflicted with the idea of a safety on a striker fired gun. Seems like all the drawbacks of having a manual safety and non of the advantages of having a good trigger.

Wouldn't a SAO P226 or SAO P220 make more sense? Or a 1911?

I personally prefer to NOT have a safety on my handguns if prudent and possible. BUT i'm not as comfortable carrying cocked and unlocked with a striker fired gun. So I personally prefer either a DA/SA such as the classic Sig line or DAO in a P250.

Everyone has different ideas and there's more than one way to get things done, those are just my thoughts.

I have Glocks to compare it to, and the stock trigger ain't bad. The manual safety is part of what allows this pistol in this crazy state, and I don't find it an undue burden. I'm a bit confused why you think a striker with no safety is "cocked and unlocked," because that's not actually how strikers <that I'm aware of> work.

Years ago I took a defensive pistol class from SIG Academy, with a P228. The DA was considered the safety, and you were trained to cock the hammer on the draw. I think there are a lot of different but suitable ways to get the job done, and that training is key.

quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Just another layer of security to help minimize possibility of firearm discharging when it is not meant to for those that desire such. Anyhow that is not what this thread is about.

It can be about it, I don't mind. As long as a pistol has some sort of safety, and additional/redundant safeties don't impede its practical use, I'm fine. Since I've carried a variety of firearms, I don't find a given method abhorrent unless it gets in my way. If I could, frankly I'd carry a P7, but I'd rather not surrender a discontinued pistol, if I had to.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope this is on-topic! Has anyone seen anything about the manual safety being available as a parts kit? I'm going to guess not, but it would be a nice upgrade for me. ... Or even if SIG would perform the upgrade on a non-safety FCU ... maybe?

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
I was just in the Sig showroom last week and heard about the MA compliant 320s. I had fondled a few different 320s already and didn't want the associate to open another case just to feel a MA compliant one. He did mention that there is an increased trigger weight on the MA compliant models. He said the number (10 lbs?) and while I am not certain it sounded heavy, especially for a striker fired pistol. Or maybe he was talking about a CA compliant one? Either way, how's the trigger pull/weight on yours?

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoJelly:
I hope this is on-topic! Has anyone seen anything about the manual safety being available as a parts kit? I'm going to guess not, but it would be a nice upgrade for me. ... Or even if SIG would perform the upgrade on a non-safety FCU ... maybe?

I had heard a few weeks back that Sig would perform the manual safety upgrade for 100.00. I called them last week to confirm and get my .45 fcu up to them for conversion. The rep told me that they dont perform such a conversion. Maybe give them a call to confirm, perhaps my guy was misinformed?

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:

Yes slide assemblies are interchangeable. The FCU is the only different part

Both my MA 320's feel the same as a non-manual safety model. I have not measured it but it does not feel overly heavy.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post