SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P320 - grip frame slotted for safety
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P320 - grip frame slotted for safety Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Let's not post WTS ads from other boards, from people we don't know, outside the Classifieds area of this one.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered on a few weeks back .

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of brobert225
posted Hide Post
Ironic that no one wanted to be near a manual safety until the Mil version has one then they are the rage.....just an observation.

Posts: 1835 | Location: KY | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I just picked up mine today and went straight to qualify with it...no break in and 100% reliable...now for some more practice.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you tell us how the safety works. I assume it just prevents the trigger from moving. Can you rack the slide while the safety is on? I think it would be beneficial to be able to chamber the first round or eject a round with the safety on.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
Can you tell us how the safety works. I assume it just prevents the trigger from moving. Can you rack the slide while the safety is on? I think it would be beneficial to be able to chamber the first round or eject a round with the safety on.

Trigger does not move with safety on, cant speak for the slide being racked though.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:I think it would be beneficial to be able to chamber the first round or eject a round with the safety on.

That's a feature I really like on my 226 Legion SAO. Like a 1911, but better.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:

Yes, you can rack the slide with the manual safety on which I do when unloading the pistol before dry-fire practice. I live in the People's Republic too and have two P320C's in 9mm. I like the P320's safety and use it whenever I'm putting the gun into my IWB holster (Milt Sparks Versa-Max II with super-magnetic button snaps). I then click the safety off before removing the gun from the holster and putting the gun into my safe at night. I had Gray Guns Inc perform their trigger enhancement magic (carry action package with the flat trigger) on my fire control unit so my trigger pull is light which makes me glad I have the Massachusetts compliant trigger for putting the gun into my holster. In the Army I used M1911's and M9's so getting used to a safety again didn't take long. And since it doesn't cost any extra I'd rather have the safety than not have it.

Posts: 70 | Registered: May 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Let's not post WTS ads from other boards, from people we don't know, outside the Classifieds area of this one.

Because of this post, I picked up the one in that add. Should have it next week. I only want the FCU and nothing else and will end up selling the other parts. MS models are completely nonexistent here. Find them has been a heck of a challenge.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gordynismo:
quote:

Because of this post, I picked up the one in that add. Should have it next week. I only want the FCU and nothing else and will end up selling the other parts. MS models are completely nonexistent here. Find them has been a heck of a challenge.

It's board policy to keep business in the Classifieds. It keeps discussion uncluttered and BS to a minimum. Please drop it.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
don't know if I want a MS on my 320.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the subcompact grip frame, and corresponding mags from SIG. Going to make an "officers model."

What are good holster people have found?

Arc.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are good holster people have found?

There are lots of 320 holsters out there, and it depends on your needs, such as carry, competition, etc. I like the Blade-Tech kydex OWB holster for every gun I own, for competition, and in most cases here in AZ it works well for carry as well.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I also have a Blade Tech OWB, although I've only
recently purchased it, I like it so far.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
There are lots of 320 holsters out there, and it depends on your needs, such as carry, competition, etc. I like the Blade-Tech kydex OWB holster for every gun I own, for competition, and in most cases here in AZ it works well for carry as well.

I mentioned on page 1 that this was for carry. Of course there are "a lot of holsters out there," I'm just asking folks if they like some.

Arc.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I mentioned on page 1 that this was for carry. Of course there are "a lot of holsters out there," I'm just asking folks if they like some.

I've mentioned the Pitbull Tactical Bloodline Nocturnal elsewhere.

I cannot recommend, it, per se, because I don't have mine yet. (It'll be another week or three, I think.) My purpose was a concealable OWB holster that would take my full-size P320 with a WML. ("Concealable" as in "under a long/loose cover garment.") In talking to one of the guys over there, he indicated that, in certain configurations, that holster is well-suited for concealment, designed for it, in fact--even IWB, I think?

You might wish to take a look. Maybe give them a call. One thing caught my attention: There are 36 reviews on their product page--of which only two are 4-star and one a 3-star. The rest are all 5-star. The three-star reviewer's complaint: Difficult to use as a chest rig.

One thing I really like about Pitbull Tactical is they answer the phone and they're very easy to talk to.

Just wish I'd get my holster, already! Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

I've mentioned the Pitbull Tactical Bloodline Nocturnal elsewhere.

I cannot recommend, it, per se, because I don't have mine yet. (It'll be another week or three, I think.) My purpose was a concealable OWB holster that would take my full-size P320 with a WML. ("Concealable" as in "under a long/loose cover garment.") In talking to one of the guys over there, he indicated that, in certain configurations, that holster is well-suited for concealment, designed for it, in fact--even IWB, I think?

You might wish to take a look. Maybe give them a call. One thing caught my attention: There are 36 reviews on their product page--of which only two are 4-star and one a 3-star. The rest are all 5-star. The three-star reviewer's complaint: Difficult to use as a chest rig.

One thing I really like about Pitbull Tactical is they answer the phone and they're very easy to talk to.

Just wish I'd get my holster, already! Smile

That's the holster I'm getting for my next 320.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Subcompact Grip Frame came without slots for the manual safety. So five minutes later:

Flush fit mags are on their way.

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The handgun:

Arc.

Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Subcompact Grip Frame came without slots for the manual safety. So five minutes later:

Flush fit mags are on their way.

Nice job, looks good.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post