SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Never gripe about a pistol, until you shoot it. Or, story of how I'm now a P365 convert. **Update with comparison to the G43x**
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Never gripe about a pistol, until you shoot it. Or, story of how I'm now a P365 convert. **Update with comparison to the G43x** Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I just put a HOGUE HandAll 'beaver tail' grip sleeve on mine because the oem P365 grip is an irritation (to me). The pebble grain grip makes the little pistol even better.

PEARCE GRIP has come out with a 1/4" longer extended base plate for the 10 rd magazines. It does not add a round. My 12 rd magazine is my secondary.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Mmmm.......You will buy a P365?

Posts: 436 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
After reading all the back and forth on the 365's in the forums I rented one earlier this year. When I was done,
Range Girl: So what did you think of the 365?
Me: I wasn't expecting much but I must say I'm impressed.
Rang Girl: Yeah, we get that a lot.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
It reminds me of the G42 in that way. On paper I wasn’t all that interested but as soon as I shot it I was a total convert.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I was also pleasantly surprised at how good the gun felt and how well I shot it the first time I took it to the range. Definitely a well thought out piece. Going to start carrying mine soon.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Glad you liked it. I have loved mine since I first shot it last year. I alternate between the P365 and the PM9 for carry now days. The P365 has a lot going for it, great trigger, sights, grip and capacity.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I hadn’t shot a 365 a whole lot. I bought a G48 when they came out. And I ditched it Because it was full of meh. I then purchased a 365 a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the 365 club! Cool

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
For me the P365 is superior to my Sig P228s. And I find I am both pleased and disappointed, but innovation moves on.

The balance of the P365 is equal to the P228 in my opinion.

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked one up late last November, and after over 600 trouble-free rounds through it have no hesitation in trusting it. I also have the Talon grips on mine. The P365 is pretty neat little package and worth the money in my book.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm the exception. I shot a couple dozen rounds through my buddy's P365 a few weeks ago and didn't think it was all that special. It shot high for me and I felt I'd keep my P938 for the rare occasions I carried something that small.

Mostly 9mm and .45 ACP:
P226 Enhanced Elite
P938 SAS
P320 Compact w/subcompact grip
P225-A1 two-tone
Bunch of Dan Wessons
Assorted Berettas, CZs, etc.

Posts: 199 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
For me the P365 is superior to my Sig P228s.

Man, I’m glad you like the P365, but watch out for bolts of lightning. Isn’t saying a plastic gun is better than a P228 blasphemy? Wink

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
For me the P365 is superior to my Sig P228s. And I find I am both pleased and disappointed, but innovation moves on.

The balance of the P365 is equal to the P228 in my opinion.

EasyFire

Woah there! That's taking it a little too far, don't you think? :-)

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep...mine has become my day to day carry piece...Just passed the 1000 round mark with no malfunctions. I don't recall my other Sigs being this reliable, in fact. JHP's, FMJ's, my own LSWC's...it just doesn't matter. I posted a ten yard ragged hole group shot with it a few weeks ago (American Eagle 124 gr FMJ's), and duplicated it this morning with Federal 124 gr HST's (my regular carry load).

The trigger's good, the sights are superb and the grip fits like a glove...light, accurate, 10 rounds on call in a small package...it's perfect for my brand of concealed carry. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
For me the P365 is superior to my Sig P228s.

Man, I’m glad you like the P365, but watch out for bolts of lightning. Isn’t saying a plastic gun is better than a P228 blasphemy? Wink

Yes it is! Smile

I am a man of few words ( and even fewer posts, considering my seniority here...) But Q's endorsement has finally put me over the edge. The "BUGS" have been worked out. The wait is over. Time to get a P365...darn it!

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club! I feel naked without my appendix carried 365. Every person that shoots mine says they have to get one. I like them so much that I bought 2. I find myself shooting just 2 pistols these days. My STI 2011 Costa comp and my 365. Everything else is turning into dust collectors.

Posts: 396 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another satisfied customer for the P365. 800 break in rounds and no issues. Blazer, WWB, Federal, Surplus, Independence, and HST. For me WWB was all over the place but all other ammo VERY good.

I have several holsters for my Kahr PM9 and they all fit the P365 like a glove. Don Hume leather holsters are nice and very cost effective. I used to buy at Gunners Alley.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Your photography skills are really good as well. The light is so very even on all your photos.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Great thread, thank you for sharing.

My experience was similar.

A Classic Sig fan for a long, long time. The only polymer gun I have is a Glock 21. I shoot it well, but not as well as the P-220 platform.

Like my Glock, love my Sigs.

Last Fall, my Son bought a 365. Whatever!!!

When we took it to the range, I gotta' tell ya', I became a believer.

While I never had a bad thing to say about the 365, it was just something that did not interest me, as it is quite a departure from the Classic Sig lineup.

Thanks again for sharing your experience, it may open the eyes of some who swore they would never own a polymer handgun.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Glock fan...in fact I consider the Glock 19 the perfect gun...

That being said the P365 is the gun I carry most...just a really fine weapon...may buy a second. Still adapting to the grip angle. However, the P365 will be the gun I carry when I retire.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post