SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Never gripe about a pistol, until you shoot it. Or, story of how I'm now a P365 convert. **Update with comparison to the G43x**
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Never gripe about a pistol, until you shoot it. Or, story of how I'm now a P365 convert. **Update with comparison to the G43x** Login/Join 
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Dang this thread. I just got back from the range, where I rented a P365. It was very nice. I’ve been resisting up to now, but my resolve is weakening. Might have to start shopping around for one Eek

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Told Ya Wink lol 10 thousand rounds thru mine with zero issues. I put orange ameriglo agent sights on mine. it wont be long and you will buy another. if you haven't already get some 12 round mags.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:

What baseplates are those?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
^^ I have seen and have some base plates from several different companies. I think these are the best available. I'm not affiliated with the company. NDZ Performance

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I love hearing about how the same lightbulb went off for others (as it did for me) with regards to the P365. Good for you, Q. It is a fantastic carry gun.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
^^ I have seen and have some base plates from several different companies. I think these are the best available. I'm not affiliated with the company. NDZ Performance

Thanks. Looks like the same baseplates. Eighteen bucks seems high for a baseplate, but they are machined from aluminum. I may order some to try out.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
12131, those are some really great pictures!

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Live around the corner from you, AGR outdoors sells the 365 for $489 if you need a "backup"

I have 3000 rounds through mine and agree with everything you put in the post. Enjoy

Posts: 24 | Registered: March 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21brutus:

Live around the corner from you, AGR outdoors sells the 365 for $489 if you need a "backup"

I have 3000 rounds through mine and agree with everything you put in the post. Enjoy

Thanks for the tip. I will pay them a visit soon. Cool

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m at “only” 4700 rounds on my 365, which was a March, 2018 Build. I consider it a perfect edc handgun. 12131: I went the other way - first Sig. was the 365, followed by 225-a1, 226 ase, and soon to be 229 Legion Sao.

Posts: 19 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCfromNY:
Another satisfied customer for the P365. 800 break in rounds and no issues. Blazer, WWB, Federal, Surplus, Independence, and HST. For me WWB was all over the place but all other ammo VERY good.

I have several holsters for my Kahr PM9 and they all fit the P365 like a glove. Don Hume leather holsters are nice and very cost effective. I used to buy at Gunners Alley.

I bought a Don Hume JIT from Gunners Alley for mine. It's a great little holster, terrific bang for the buck.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GGI grip module.

Just sayin Big Grin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I checked out several holsters and ended up with the Garrett Silent Thunder. I'm very happy with it, especially like the leather lining.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok.. been holding off on the 365 because of all the issues reported here but Q's thread may push me over the edge.

Is there a way to check for the manufacture date? I want to check for that at the counter before paying. Thanks.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Ok.. been holding off on the 365 because of all the issues reported here but Q's thread may push me over the edge.

Is there a way to check for the manufacture date? I want to check for that at the counter before paying. Thanks.

SIG places the production date on a sticker attached to the oem plastic case. Ask to see the case.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
SIG places the production date on a sticker attached to the oem plastic case. Ask to see the case.

Ok thanks. Is there an "after date" that I should look for in case the LGS has old stocks?

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Ok thanks. Is there an "after date" that I should look for in case the LGS has old stocks?

Not following the last part re "after date". The date on the case is supposed to be the actual production date of the pistol inside. I think it was a good idea for SIG to include this information since a few people complain and equate the earlier production with issues. It also eliminates calls to their customer service for 'birth date'.

FWIW, mine is one of those earlier dates, Feb 2018 if I recall correctly. I've put 600 rds of fmj and jhp of several manufacturers through mine. I intentionally tried to get it to fail, but no issues. That's not to say 'something' can't happen. It's a man made mechanical device. I could shoot 1,000 rds through it and it MIGHT fail at 1,001 rds. There's no guarantees. But I have complete faith in mine as do the larger majority of owners who shoot them. I doubt many P365 pistols sit on the shelf of a local gun shop for long due to the popularity. But if this is of concern, find the freshest one and enjoy it.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a NIB April 2019 dated P365. Traded a guy for a Glock 26 that I had collecting dust.

I had fondled one before, but I still marvel at how small it is for its capacity. It's practically identical in size to my old Kahr CM9, but with a significantly better trigger and sights, and nearly double the capacity.

I'll still likely carry a G19, P320 Compact, or M&P 2.0 Compact most of the time. But once I put it through its paces, the P365 will be great for sticking in my pocket in a Remora while mowing the lawn or running to the gas station. Especially with a 15 round spare magazine in the other pocket.

Comparison shots with the Kahr CM9 (which is the budget version of the Kahr PM9):

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Finally got to put some rounds into this brand new gun of mine. Gun was quickly field stripped to make sure nothing was amiss. No cleaning, no lubing. Just whatever SIG already put in the gun for lubrication. Put 325 rds through it today.

200 Fiocchi 124 FMJ
50 Winchester Ranger-T 124 +P JHP
25 Remington Golden Saber 124 +P BJHP
25 Speer Gold Dot 124 GDHP
25 Fiocchi 124 XTPHP

Shooting was at 10 yards, fairly fast (but not spray-and-pray fast), to see how this little gun handle. AMAZING is what I found. Not a single hiccup. Again, so comfortable to shoot. Even +P was a piece of cake. I tend to pull left just a little. No big deal. Next time out will be a little slower shooting and focusing on accuracy.
A note on quick shooting this little gun. Due to its small size, the heat spread quickly throughout, and the thing got hot real fast. Even the trigger was too hot toward the end of the session to have continuous contact with the trigger finger. But, this is of no concerns, because in real life self defense situations, it will never get the chance to get this hot. But, just know that it will function under a little adverse condition is reassuring to me.

Also got a Comp-Tac Infidel Max for IWB carry. For pocket carry, it will be in a Sticky holster that member mrmn50 gave me a while ago. Cool

Did I say I love this amazing little gun? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Finally got the opportunity to shoot my new P365 today after summer qualifications. And all I can say is

Ho
Lee
Shit

This gun can shoot.

Extremely soft recoil, especially for a pocket gun. The sights barely move. I attribute a portion of that to the Hogue slip-on P365 grip I added, but it's gotta be mostly the gun.

Slow fire, I was stacking cloverleafs on the X like it was boring.

Even rapid fire is a breeze. I dumped an entire 12 round magazine into the 10 ring of a B27 target from 7 yards, as rapidly as I could press the trigger.

I'm floored. It's been a while since a handgun made my jaw drop, but Sig has really hit this one way out of the park, especially considering pocket guns are typically tougher to shoot well.

Now I'm kicking myself for waiting a couple weeks after acquisition before shooting it. I wasn't in a hurry to shoot it, but I should have been!

I can already tell this will supplant my P320 Compact and G19 as my primary off duty carry piece, as soon as I can run a few hundred more rounds through it for reliability testing and then get qualified. (If I had known, I would have qualified with it today, but by that time I was the only firearms instructor left on the range, and I can't qualify myself.)

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post