SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    **Update**I just bought a Remington RM380. I believe I got a great deal at Rural King!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**Update**I just bought a Remington RM380. I believe I got a great deal at Rural King! Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
So, with all of my discussion with my Ruger LCP I have a new found love with little mouse/BUG guns.

I have looked at the Remington RM380s before and really like them. Today, I wondered in to one of our Rural Kings. I looked at the cases and didn't see one. Then, I looked in the last case and they had one. Regular price was $229.99. It was on sale for $169.99!

I had to scoop it up! Now, I need a holster, maybe a couple more mags and a lot more .380 ammo!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BennerP220,

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
Do you get RK guns email notifications? I saw those Remmies the other day. There's always something with a crazy price on it in there, isn't there?

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That sounds like one heck of a deal. Please let us know how it shoots.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
That is a fantastic price. Shot my newly acquired one today for the first time. Trigger is like shooting a revolver, not bad. Pretty accurate at 21 feet. It will make a nice pocket gun.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
No, I don’t get those emails. I just lucked in to the deal!

I don’t remember a time I got $60 off a gun!!

I can’t wait to shoot it! Feels great in my hand.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Man, that's a great deal! Too bad no RK's in my part of the world. I have the predecessor to the RM380 (Rohrbaugh R9) and absolutely love it. Congrats.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
My boss went and bought one yesterday. I’m smitten with this little guy. I have found that there is not a large assortment of holsters for it. Of course, I always fight with myself on whether I want a leather or kydex holster.

posted Hide Post
My RM380 fits very snugly in the watch pockets of some of my jeans.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I handled one and was considering one but it felt thicker to me and the trigger was much heavier and even longer than what I went with (Kahr CW380).

The silver and blue ones do look really nice. You can definitely see the Rohrbaugh heritage in this gun.

Posts: 33606 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I think those are made in my hometown of HUNTSVILLE. Never picked one up but have been tempted. Either that or a R1 with a HUNTSVILLE rollmark.

Keep us posted please ....

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at these also. Does anyone have the design changes Remington implemented after buying Rohrbach?

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I handled one and was considering one but it felt thicker to me and the trigger was much heavier and even longer than what I went with (Kahr CW380).

The silver and blue ones do look really nice. You can definitely see the Rohrbaugh heritage in this gun.
triggers like that are a deal breaker to me. I wonder if it can be fixed.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I believe so. Galloway Precision has a spring kit on eBay. I believe Galloway is a forum member. I have bought several items from them and it’s all top notch!

I haven’t shot it yet but this has a good chance of being one of my favorites. Yes, mine is marked Huntsville.

quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:

triggers like that are a deal breaker to me. I wonder if it can be fixed.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If I were you, Benner, I'd run the Hell out of that thing before I trusted it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Para. I will definitely be taking your advice and I hope soon. I have a lot of different types of .380 I’m going to try everything.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If I were you, Benner, I'd run the Hell out of that thing before I trusted it.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I have thoroughly researched available .380 ammunition and say without reservation that if your pistol will function reliably with Horandy XTP, that's what you should use, along with Hornady's equivalent American Gunner loading. As far as I can determine, the only difference between the two loads is packaging and price.

Hornady's FTX load lacks sufficent penetration, which is a very critical factor when it comes to .380 defensive ammo.

I don't normally recommend fmj loads for defensive use, but if your pistol won't run with hollowpoints, take a close look at Black Hills' 100 grain load. The heavier weight of the slug makes it less stable, and this load has a tendency to tumble in ballistic gel, which is an effective disruptor of tissue in the human body, or at least more so than the standard 95 grain .380 fmj stuff.
Adequate penetration as well, without overpenetration.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
I've been looking at these also. Does anyone have the design changes Remington implemented after buying Rohrbach?

It’s my understanding these were the changes that Remington made to the Rohrbaugh design:

1. Changed Euro style heel magazine release to American style up by trigger guard

2. Added more of a beavertail to frame

3. Reworked the recoil system: no more changing recoil springs every 200 rounds

4. Added slide stop

Posts: 33606 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I appreciate the info. I have some old 95gr Corbon Powerball ammo from when I started carrying my first LCP. I may stick with that if it works well. I like the Black Hills suggestion, too.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I have thoroughly researched available .380 ammunition and say without reservation that if your pistol will function reliably with Horandy XTP, that's what you should use, along with Hornady's equivalent American Gunner loading. As far as I can determine, the only difference between the two loads is packaging and price.

Hornady's FTX load lacks sufficent penetration, which is a very critical factor when it comes to .380 defensive ammo.

I don't normally recommend fmj loads for defensive use, but if your pistol won't run with hollowpoints, take a close look at Black Hills' 100 grain load. The heavier weight of the slug makes it less stable, and this load has a tendency to tumble in ballistic gel, which is an effective disruptor of tissue in the human body, or at least more so than the standard 95 grain .380 fmj stuff.
Adequate penetration as well, without overpenetration.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you for adding this. I haven’t read a whole lot but what I have read is these RM380s don’t like steel cased ammo but eat everything else. Obviously, I will do my own testing.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:

It’s my understanding these were the changes that Remington made to the Rohrbaugh design:

1. Changed Euro style heel magazine release to American style up by trigger guard

2. Added more of a beavertail to frame

3. Reworked the recoil system: no more changing recoil springs every 200 rounds

4. Added slide stop

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BennerP220,

posted Hide Post
Funny this has come up now. I just bought a RM380 as my pocket 380. My preference is a hammer fired model and it was between this and a SW bodyguard.

Originally had a Beretta pico which was a great shooter but I didn’t quite like the grip but handled it fine. My main issue was the mag release. It sucks and I do like paddle releases.

Looking forward to trying it out next week.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post