SIGforum
**Update**I just bought a Remington RM380. I believe I got a great deal at Rural King!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2460025754

June 07, 2019, 06:09 PM
arlen
**Update**I just bought a Remington RM380. I believe I got a great deal at Rural King!
Bought a new RM380 Micro for my wife four years ago. I am very displeased with the pistol. The trigger pull is very long and only breaks very near the rear of the trigger guard. In fact, so near, that I have to have my finger positioned jusst so-so or I cannot get the trigger to break. I swear that I am pressing my fingerprint on the back edge of the trigger guard. This would render the pistol as unreliable at the most pressing time of emergency.
I shelved the pistol and bought her a Ruger LCP-II 380. The trigger pull distance is much more nice.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================
June 07, 2019, 09:07 PM
BennerP220
That sucks. It’s not the best trigger but for what it is, I’m satisfied. I’m going to make some changes that I think will help things like the trigger. For what I paid, I’m happy. I’m sorry you are not.

quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
Bought a new RM380 Micro for my wife four years ago. I am very displeased with the pistol. The trigger pull is very long and only breaks very near the rear of the trigger guard. In fact, so near, that I have to have my finger positioned jusst so-so or I cannot get the trigger to break. I swear that I am pressing my fingerprint on the back edge of the trigger guard. This would render the pistol as unreliable at the most pressing time of emergency.
I shelved the pistol and bought her a Ruger LCP-II 380. The trigger pull distance is much more nice.

June 07, 2019, 09:09 PM
BennerP220
I know these have been out for awhile but I’ve had my eye on them. I like my other little .380s but there is something about this one. It just seems to fit me better than my others.

quote:
Originally posted by Augen:
Funny this has come up now. I just bought a RM380 as my pocket 380. My preference is a hammer fired model and it was between this and a SW bodyguard.

Originally had a Beretta pico which was a great shooter but I didn’t quite like the grip but handled it fine. My main issue was the mag release. It sucks and I do like paddle releases.

Looking forward to trying it out next week.

June 07, 2019, 09:14 PM
BennerP220
I went to the range this afternoon after work. I have a plethora of various .380 rounds. From 95
gr fmj to some old Remington 88gr HTP JHP. It ate everything I fed it!! No hiccups whatsoever. I didn’t even try any steel cased ammo.

Sure, it doesn’t have a tuned trigger but for the price and what it is, I’m very pleased!
June 07, 2019, 10:30 PM
bubbatime
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
Does anyone have the design changes Remington implemented after buying Rohrbach?

Yeah they fucked it up.

June 08, 2019, 06:28 PM
Augen
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Does anyone have the design changes Remington implemented after buying Rohrbach?

Yeah they fucked it up.

Do you have something constructive and personal to comment and add about Remington in this case or are just coming in with a shit grenade?
June 08, 2019, 07:00 PM
BennerP220
The only fucked up part is that I shoulda bought a couple more!

Now, on to holsters...

quote:
quote:

Yeah they fucked it up.

June 08, 2019, 07:07 PM
parabellum
From SHOT 2007. I asked the guy why they didn't checker the frontstrap and he said the frontstrap lacked sufficient thickness.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
June 08, 2019, 07:46 PM
BennerP220
Hhmmmm. The front strap checkering on my RM380 is one of my favorite things about the pistol.
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
From SHOT 2007. I asked the guy why they didn't checker the frontstrap and he said the frontstrap lacked sufficient thickness.

June 08, 2019, 09:09 PM
parabellum
Well, if any pistols need it, it's stuff like yours and the Seecamp stuff.
June 08, 2019, 09:13 PM
BennerP220
I completely agree.

quote:
Well, if any pistols need it, it's stuff like yours and the Seecamp stuff.

June 09, 2019, 11:57 AM
BennerP220
I just purchased some XTP. I usually only use Buffalo Bore or Underwood in my .380s.

quote:
I have thoroughly researched available .380 ammunition and say without reservation that if your pistol will function reliably with Horandy XTP, that's what you should use, along with Hornady's equivalent American Gunner loading. As far as I can determine, the only difference between the two loads is packaging and price.

Hornady's FTX load lacks sufficent penetration, which is a very critical factor when it comes to .380 defensive ammo.

I don't normally recommend fmj loads for defensive use, but if your pistol won't run with hollowpoints, take a close look at Black Hills' 100 grain load. The heavier weight of the slug makes it less stable, and this load has a tendency to tumble in ballistic gel, which is an effective disruptor of tissue in the human body, or at least more so than the standard 95 grain .380 fmj stuff.
Adequate penetration as well, without overpenetration.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BennerP220,
June 13, 2019, 08:33 PM
BennerP220
I bought and just installed the Galloway Precision reduced power springs. It made the trigger so much smoother. It made it a different gun. Highly recommended!!
June 14, 2019, 01:26 PM
PASig
quote:
quote:

Yeah they fucked it up.

Not having to change your recoil spring every 200 rounds is a bad thing? Roll Eyes

June 14, 2019, 07:02 PM
BennerP220
Exactly!

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
quote:

Yeah they fucked it up.

Not having to change your recoil spring every 200 rounds is a bad thing? Roll Eyes

July 05, 2019, 12:38 PM
BennerP220
I have shot this little guy more and still love it. After replacing the springs with the Galloway I have had a couple of light primer strikes. I contacted Galloway and they told me they are probably misfires. I told them that I was using Remington UMC 90 gr. They responded with they did not recommend that ammo; I'm not sure why.

Anyway, I contacted Remington because I noticed that in my manual and videos the take down pin comes out of the left side by mine comes out the right. It was explained that many were pulling back slightly on the slide and turning the pistol to the right and the pin would fall out. I am guessing to press check. Remington changed it to come out of the right side. Makes sense to me. While I was chatting/texting on the Remington site I asked if I could buy just a finger extension for one of my RM380 magazines. Of course, he said yes and got my info. Today, I received a fedex package with a new magazine with a finger extension!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BennerP220,