SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ-09 Tell me about this model please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ-09 Tell me about this model please Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
I'm thinking of picking up a CZ-09, FGE has the tactical with threaded barrel on sale for $519, part of me says it's a great price, the part says, if they are so great, why the great price.

Whats the consensus, would it be a good or comparable replacement for my G-17 Gen 4, it will offer more rounds and be a suppressor host, and I do have the suppressor already....

Is there a good aftermarket for the CZ line, I've heard of Cajun Gun Works as being a good CZ armorer, I know you can get glock parts anywhere as I"ve got a flock of Glocks,

But I'm considering adding a CZ, sale is on through the weekend,

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
I can't speak to the P-09 directly, but I bought a P-07 back in November that is absolutely fantastic. Mine is roughly Glock 19 sized (I normally carry a G19 when in the US). I've done quite a bit of double action shooting with mine using the decocker, and the trigger has smoothed out quite a bit. This is my first CZ and I really like it. As far as aftermarket, Cajun Gunworks is the only one I know of besides CZ's own custom shop. I can't say enough good about mine.

Posts: 349 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Essentially a larger version of the P-07. Buy it. CZ guns are excellent and Cajun Guns can make it even better.
I have two P-07s and I carry them more often than the G19

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I have the Urban Grey Suppressor Ready P-07 and its great. Very pleased with it, so much so that I’ve looked at picking up a P-09 to go with it. CZs are very good guns for the price.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned a couple of P-09's and they are fantastic pistols for the money.

Mine have been very reliable, very accurate and great guns.

Posts: 40 | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
So I’m checking out the p07 and he hands me a P09 and a P10c both with threaded barrels

Now I’m cornfused hammer or striker, compact or full size

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
One of the best problems to have is having to choose from multiple good choices !!

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well full discourse is that I have become a CZ fanboy the last few years. I am mostly a DA/SA shooter and was initially drawn to them after a range session with a Sp01. My first plastic CZ was a P07 with the P09 soon after.

I think that the P09 is a great pistol for the money. Soft shooter, accurate and I have had no issues with a bunch a ammo brands shot through it. I like how it feels in hand but wanted a bit more of a aggressive texture and was fixed with some Talons.

Have you had much experience with a TDA trigger system ? I only ask because the stock Omega triggers are considered by most folks not great. They do get a bit better with round count and/or a trip to Cajun Gun Works make them real good. But also a additional cost factor.

Holsters, mags( expensive ) and other parts are not as plentiful as with the other big brands but still easily to get.

If you are looking for something suppressor ready the P09 at that price point is hard to beat.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P-09 is a great pistol. I have one and it is accurate, reliable and very pleasant to shoot. The trigger wasn’t bad out of the box but I had CZ Custom work it over and while it’s not on par with a SP-01 with a trigger job it still has a really nice trigger. Plus who can argue with 19 round mags?

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Great night stand gun. Accurate,only about 400rds thru it and it's been a pleasure to shoot.

Posts: 2301 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't have the P-09, but its little brother the P-07, as it is better sized for concealed carry. It has never missed a beat.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P07 and P09 are both excellent hammer fired polymer pistols. They are a real bargain at current price levels.

The only downside to them are the proprietary magazines. They do not use the same magazines as the steel framed 75/SP01. Last I checked, mags for either cost more than twice what mec-gar CZ 75 mags run.

If you want to try a full size polymer CZ that takes the same mags as the 75/SP01, look into the SP01 phantom. The phantom can be had for less than 450 at the moment. The new version of the phantom uses the upgraded polymer construction of the P07/P09, and is stronger and more durable than the original phantom model.

Posts: 706 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a good deal on a P-09 when they were first available. It became my bullseye match gun with a red dot sight in a dovetail mount. I won a lot of (small, local) bullseye matches before going to a steel .45 CZ-97. I've shot the P-09 out to 200 yards with excellent results and at 100 yards with outstanding results, with the factory barrel and slide but with CGW trigger parts. Highly recommended. See JoeMustang99 on YouTube if you want to see some demos at 100-200 yards.
Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P-09 in Fotay for $370 at Buds. That's a steal.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post