SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What Manner of Sig Pixie Dust???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Manner of Sig Pixie Dust??? Login/Join 
posted
My Sig p220 came to me via a previous owner making me the second owner of said pistol. I ran it for over a year and decided to send it back to the Sig Custom Shop for performance enhancement and a total factory renew. Since its return I have put several hundreds of rounds through it. It just seems to perform better with each new trip to the range! I am able to place shots upon shots in the same hole. Now, I am an old 11Bravo and I don't shoot like that any more. Even had a couple of doubles that hit the same hole. Wha??? Must be the magic Pixie Dust I'm thinking. Do you think the CS might sell me some to sprinkle on a couple of other pistols that I don't shoot as well? At any rate this is a huge thank you shout out to Sig's CS. Gotta love their special pistol Pixie Dust LOL Pops

Posts: 4 | Registered: October 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Smart decision for you to shoot the gun for some time and familiarize yourself with it before sending it out for any action work. You can better evaluate what specific work you want done to an action, not to mention better evaluate and appreciate the work done, when you have a baseline familiarity with it.

Glad to hear you are happy with the SIG AEP. There is no doubt that there is some improvement in the action and their turn-around is reported to be fairly quick...

...but, you haven't truly experienced any Pixie Dust performance until you have handled and shot a gun with Gray Guns, SIG Armorer, or Total Automation action work.

If you are not familiar with their work do a forum search and you will quickly see how highly their work is generally regarded. Nothing wrong with the SIG factory action work but it doesn't fully exploit the potential performance that can be had.

Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I only shot a 220 once, but it was a drill press. Didn't even seem fair that a pistol was that accurate.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you think the CS might sell me some to sprinkle on a couple of other pistols that I don't shoot as well?

I'm sure that the Sig Custom Shop is more than willing to sell you all the pixie dust you can afford. Congratulations on your P220, they are fine pistols.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pops,
Good story, thanks for sharing it with us!
I’m the proud owner of a new-to-me P229 in .40 S&W (my 2nd Sig, after my P232SL).
Your story hi-lites the wisdom of proficiency through practice, along with the fine work you had done.
Just prior to joining this site, I had come across Gray Guns website and decided to begin saving up for work on my CCW, a USPc in .45 acp. I shoot it regularly, and I’m sure it can benefit from GGI’s work. Eventually, I hope to have a P220, as well to enter the regular rotation to the range.
Well, needless to say I was happy to see that Bruce has a presence here.
I aim to become a customer in 2019!

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill-in-Texas. Thanks for the kind words. Yes my p220 is a vital part of my carry rotation. I wish you well on your upcoming projects. Sounds fun. Here's to 2019!

Posts: 4 | Registered: October 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
It's a P-220, no pixie dust needed.

Welcome to SIGforum.

Sig has done some great work on a couple of P-220's for me and they perform very, very well.

I am assuming you are shooting a .45 acp. Do not shoot a P-220/.38 Super. You will believe you have Super Powers. A fellow SIGforum member hooked me up a couple of years ago with a .38 Super. As good as I am with the .45, I am even better with the .38 Super.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post