SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    9mm+P ammo in my SIG's?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm+P ammo in my SIG's? Login/Join 
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
FWIW, My 9MM HK USP Expert owners manual sanctioned the use of +P+ ammo, with an admonition about increased wear. The Glock information packet that is, or at least used to be, provided to police departments indicated that use of 9MM +P+, IMI black tip carbine, or "any commercially manufactured ammunition" could be used in Glock pistols. The Glock info packet went on with something to the effect that service life would not be reduced. I realize this information differs from information supplied in the regular commercial owners manuals.

The OP's questions generated some interesting discussion. I think worry about use of 9MM +P or +P+ is the most discussed handgun ammunition issue I see on enthusiast forums.

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the comments and information.
I really do appreciate the wisdom available here on SigForum.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Correct me if I am wrong but +P is a saami approved specification where +P+ is basically however much powder you can cram in there, hold on to your butts. So it’s best to stick with a known entity 9BPLE etc.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve shot quite a bit of 9BPLE in my Sigs over the years. I have quite a bit of it as SHTF ammo. To be honest, it doesn’t even feel that hot to me. I don’t see any wear issues or other problems. The +P+ 9mm doesn’t seem like its hurting the Sigs at all. That being said, I’m not an armorer, so your mileage may vary.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I've used a fair amount of 9MM +P+ Federal 9BPLE 115, Winchester Ranger 115 +P+, and a small amount of the Remington 115 +P+. I would not loose any sleep over using any of these manufacturers' +P or +P+ in a quality 9MM pistol.....ymmv

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post