SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 27 baseplate pinch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 27 baseplate pinch Login/Join 
posted
I'm really trying to love my G27. I find it a bit hard to control recoil one handed (especially weak hand) with the standard baseplates and a two finger grip, so I tried the Pearce pinky rest style. Somewhat better control but the gap between the frame and the mag is tearing my finger up. I even did a little recontouring of the edges to smooth them off. Same problem. I think it's the movement between the frame and mag during recoil that gets me.

Any other options worth trying?

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Man, it's hit and miss for solutions. Some people have reported luck with various manufacturers, but I never found any peace.

The problem is really the reason I dumped the G26 and went to the M&P9c for a back up gun years ago.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
There used to be a company called GAP that made base plates for Glock mags, but they went out of business.
I use them on my G26 and G33.

I did a search on eBay, they sometimes pop up there, and found these.
The look a lot like the old GAP bases.
Might try one of them.

GeePlate

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

I actually ordered some of those a bit earlier today.

It looks like it's still a 2-finger grip, but might lock in a little better.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
The real solution is a Glock 26 Big Grin.

I have found, though, that using the stock flush baseplates and tucking my pinkie under the mag, I get a good solid grip. The lower part of my support had kind of cups it and locks it in, and I actually shoot my baby Glock better than some larger pistols.

The .40 does tend to be a bit snappier than the 9, though...I never fell in love with the G27 like I have my G26.

Posts: 8565 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in the same boat as 92fstech curl little finger under flat base plate and run the gun very stable and I shoot a 26in this manner better than some full size guns

Posts: 3288 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,

I'm the one behind the GeePlate magazine base plates.

We make them for the G26/27/33/39, G43, G42.

Currently we are working on the design for the G30/30s/29 and for the SIG P365 10rd and 12rd magazines.

I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Posts: 9 | Registered: July 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I noticed that the older magazines that have only the single cutout for the mag release, lock in a bit higher into the mag well, and leaves less gap between the baseplate and the bottom of the grip.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
My wife complained about my 26 doing that to her pinky when it was new.
(I couldn't get my pinky on the gun if I wanted to - I use Pearce baseplates on compacts)

After I shot about 250-300 rds out of it, it didn't do it anymore. I dunno, shoot it some more?
I know thats uncomfortable and might instill a bad habit but it might go away on it's own.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Glock 26 also has a nasty bite when I use the Pearce extension. I also tried re-contouring the pinky extension, but it only helped a little. I have never felt comfortable with only two fingers on the grip with the pinky below. I never tried the GAP floorplates. For me the only solution that worked was to use the extended Glock magazine. That is the only way that I will tolerate shooting it. Good luck with the new floorplates. Let us know how they work.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
I’m not 100% on this but I thought I remembered that a good solution was to slide an o-ring over the mag body and against the base plate. That’s sposed to keep the mag from sliding up and down and pinching fingers.

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Are all of you who are getting their pinkies pinched, trying to grip the gun with 3 fingers on the front strap?

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
The rubber O rings from your local Home Depot works on all the Glock subcompacts. You just have to see which ones alleviates the movement under recoil, but still allows full insertion of the magazines. I had given up on compact Glocks until I started doing this. I now have 5 that are a joy to shoot. You have to bump the magazine when you insert it, but that’s not a bad practice to get into.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post