SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kimber K6S DCR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber K6S DCR Login/Join 
posted
Couldn't stand it any more so I bought one Sunday. Has the feel of an old Colt. The action is glass smooth, but fairly stiff. No stacking, straight pull through. Recoil with the 158 gr .357 Nyclads was pretty stiff. I only fired three cylinders of those, the back off to 130 gr .38's. Had a problem with the Remington .38's, posted another thread about that and I'm waiting to hear back from Remington.

Accuracy was good, even though I think I screwed myself firing the magnum rounds first. I was inside the 7 ring for 200 rounds, with most hits inside the 6.

For contrast I also shot my LCR in .22 today, and accuracy was about the same.

If I followed the directions right, here are some pics:

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought a handgun in a very long time. The K6 may actually get me to jump through the NJ hoops. I'd sure like to see the pricing come down a little though.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Danman
posted Hide Post
Fixed your image

NRA Certified Instructor

Posts: 970 | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new revolver! I just had my LGS put me on the list for the next DCR that they get. I dry fired the standard model this afternoon and it was everything I was hoping it would be. Now we'll just have to see how long it takes for one to show up.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I just saw a highly polished version in a wood display box last weekend...$1,800!

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I just saw a highly polished version in a wood display box last weekend...$1,800!

Wow....That must be a really nice box!

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Limited Edition is way overpriced. Actually, at Cabela's they are all pretty much overpriced. Buds has a plain brown wrapper version for 869, I believe, In two years they are likely to drop significantly in price-only us old guys buy revolvers anymore. I paid too much-but time and age work against me. I now enjoy what I can afford when I can afford it. My grandfather died regretting never having ridden a motorcycle. I won't go out that way. I will taste every wine, savor every cheese, and kiss all the women, without regrets. Hopefully I will die parachuting or climbing a mountain or ....well, something better than pneumonia in a retirement home.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I have a SW 640 Pro Series that has the 3 Dot night sights. I had a trigger job done with Apex springs, and I have a hard time thinking this could be much better. It does have 1 extra round, but I don't know if that's worth the price!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post