SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Off body carry in gym
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off body carry in gym Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
  1. Put gun in SafePacker.

2. Put SafePacker (containing gun) in gym bag.

3. Bob's your uncle.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
off body carry at the gym is every bit as "safe" as just leaving it in the car.

Just stash it in the car before you get to the gym,
don't make a big production out of getting out of the car , un gunning and storing it, in front of god and everybody .

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
"can't do fannypack...anything but a fannypack"

And, why can't you do a fanny pack? My wife and I go to the gym regularly. I'm diabetic so I put my glucose in the fanny pack. She is asthmatic, so I put her rescue inhaler in the fanny pack. Oh! I also have a Kimber .380 in the fanny pack. Been doing so for 7 years....
Anyone ask me if I'm carrying? Anyone ask what I have in the fanny pack? Anyone even give a damn? No!!!!

I do weights, machines, treadmill, elliptical.....no one asks! I'm probably the only one armed at the gym, but I'll be damned if my wife and I will be a statistic if some idiot decides it's a good place to eradicate people and make a name for himself/herself. There is nothing wrong with a fanny pack (IMHO).

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know you said OFF-BODY carry, however I just wanted to add that I use and carry a Keltec P32 in a IWB kydex holster with gym shorts. I sometimes forget that I am wearing it because it is so light. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
A Maxpedition Thermite works pretty well. Doesn't have a specific handgun compartment, it's just one main compartment with 2 side attachments, but putting your gun in there with a holster like a Sticky or Remora would work.

Now, If it were me, and I had to carry off body at a gym, I would just use a Remora holster and stick it in the side compartment of a gym bag and be done with it.

I'd first be carrying my LCP on my body before I would consider any sort of bag.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
To me the safepacker would seem out if place. Who carries an ipad or notebook to the gym then
never brings it out? Really looking for a bag.

My gym I see people on the treadmill or elliptical machines using their tablets to watch a movie, etc. For a while I would do the same. Watch 30 minutes of a movie every session. I hope this helps. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate it!

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad Apple
of the AAP
Picture of 9mm_shooter
posted Hide Post
I have carried a Seecamp in a towel that has a pocket in it.

Posts: 7793 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post