SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Off body carry in gym
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off body carry in gym Login/Join 
posted
Looking for something that can fit small pistol plus a few odd and ends. Would prefer it not look too tactical, obviously needs true handgun compartment. Thanks.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I used an Eagle Industries fanny pack for years. I don’t think they make them anymore, but a square cornered fanny pack should pull open without snagging.

Unless things have really changed, shouldn’t draw much attention.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fannypack

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can't do fannypack...anything but a fannypack.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, if you didn't include the "odds and ends" part, I'd recommend the Wilderness Safepacker. Room enough for your pistol and a spare magazine, but nothing else, except perhaps your DL, carry permit, credit card, car key and a few dollars.

You can carry it on a belt, by the carry handle, or by a detachable strap. You can also attach it to your seatbelt and it makes a great holster for driving. It looks like a case for an iPad mini or the like.

Not inexpensive but very well built. I own two and I love them. Solid gear

Posts: 107256 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Vertx commuter sling bag, not cheap but I use it for biking, gym, and when I can't body carry. Some good youtube videos on it.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Instead of off-body carry, how about a on-body carry method that is perfect for gym shorts? SmartCarry Gun + Mag holster. For an extra $5 they add a valuables pocket.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Instead of off-body carry, how about a on-body carry method that is perfect for gym shorts? SmartCarry Gun + Mag holster. For an extra $5 they add a valuables pocket.

If you go with Smart Carry, this offer expires at the end of the month:

Buy one get one 1/2 off all month with code FREEDOMBOGO

10% off ALL holsters ALL month with code FREEDOM

I use Smart Carry all the time, but not in the gym.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I have an old kabar/tdi fanny pack that works great for walks. It carries a G17 ( G19 grip) and 2 17rnd mags as well as keys and pepper spray.

Works for walking/hiking as well as just throwing over the passenger headrest when traveling.

It is small enough to barely be seen.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you haven't already, go to Amazon and use something like "planner holster" as a search term -- you'll very quickly have plenty to look at.

Posts: 465 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I use an old military tool bag.
I keep on old obsolete G26 G4 Wink in it inside a kydex holster. Spare mag and knife in the outside pocket. Usually have a hand towel over it to keep it from banging around. I keep my phones, keys, wallet, headphones, gym badge, etc in the bag.
I figure after folks notice me getting the keys and stuff out, the just think it's bag holding all my stuff. Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, if you didn't include the "odds and ends" part, I'd recommend the Wilderness Safepacker. Room enough for your pistol and a spare magazine, but nothing else, except perhaps your DL, carry permit, credit card, car key and a few dollars.

You can carry it on a belt, by the carry handle, or by a detachable strap. You can also attach it to your seatbelt and it makes a great holster for driving. It looks like a case for an iPad mini or the like.

Not inexpensive but very well built. I own two and I love them. Solid gear

I've used a Safepacker to carry my EDC for years, when I go to the gym. I keep the carrier in my gym bag with my wallet, waterbottle, cellular phone, etc..., so it's unobtrusive and still readily available. Even with my bag unzipped, the Safepacker isn't seen as anything unusual or recognized by passerbys as it's nature.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Wilderness Safepacker gets a lot of use here, solid piece of gear that's available in various sizes. Cool

Posts: 11 | Location: KY | Registered: May 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of neverfollow
posted Hide Post
I picked up a cheap Nike gym bag with an inside pocket, In the bag goes lifting straps, wraps, water bottle, towel, and my holstered firearm (in the inside pocket. Fits right in, looks 'normal'. If someone gets nosey and looks in, all they see is a sweaty towel.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: March 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I've had one of these for years. I've thrown it in luggage, briefcases, bags, carried it and nobody has ever given it a second glance.

Galco Day Planner:

Buy this for the planner if your gym is a little more high falutin.

Coronado leather:

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me the safepacker would seem out if place. Who carries an ipad or notebook to the gym then
never brings it out? Really looking for a bag.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I took the time to answer your question. I didn't realize you were an authority on who uses a tablet at any particular time. Jesus, the pack could contain anything. It was just an example. Roll Eyes

You're welcome

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107256 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going by your title and comments, apparently you plan take a weapon inside the gym. My gym bans firearms and I would think this typical. Still might be an option for exercise like walking in the neighborhood.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I took the time to answer your question. I didn't realize you were an authority on who uses a tablet at any particular time. Jesus, the pack could contain anything. It was just an example. Roll Eyes

You're welcome

Sorry, just an observation as to how out of place something other than a gym-type bag would look in that setting...to me.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
quote:

You're welcome

Sorry, just an observation as to how out of place something other than a gym-type bag would look in that setting...to me.

THEN, why don't you carry it in......wait for it......wait for it...... A GYM BAG!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post