SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Disappointing trip to the range with my G26***Update: All is well***
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disappointing trip to the range with my G26***Update: All is well*** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The myth lives on.

Grease the rails. Glock calls for a drop of oil. A light coat of grease is better.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]Without sufficient force to counter the frame's tendency to move along with the slide, operations dependent on moving that slide independently of the frame will encounter difficulty.[/QUOTE]

Define "sufficient".

It is absolutely impossible for a 4'-11" 90 pound female with small hands to apply the same force to the grip frame as a 6'-5" 250 pound male.

Can't do it.

If the designer of the firearm hasn't taken the 90 pound female into account, the designer has incorrectly defined "sufficient".

When a firearm malfunctions in a manner commonly called "limp wristing" it isn't the shooters fault. It's the fault of the designer of the firearm.

A firearm a person is going trust their life to must function correctly no matter how it's being held, or not held.

Posts: 57 | Location: South west Mississippi | Registered: April 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a real fan of the so called "break in lube". It is thick stuff and I wonder if not there to insure that there is some lube present when people take Glock immediately out without cleaning and lubing.

On a new G26 gen3, I cleaned bore, and applied breakfree clp over the break in lube. Talk about a jam. The slide froze on the frame and I had to hit it a number of times with the heel of my hand to get moving. The break in lube combined with breakfree clp had really thickened and clumped up. I took home, cleaned well and lubed with just breakfree clp. Worked fine.

With Glocks purchased after that experience I would first rack slide a couple of hundred time and declare break in over. Then clean well removing break in lube and lube with breakfree clp.

Am I right, I don't know, but so far works for me.

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Clean off factory crap.
CLP on rails, basically what Glock says in the manual with the exception of a very light film of grease where the barrel and slide rub. Easiest pistols I've ever had to clean.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Op, what is the purpose of the gun? Strictly home defense? If so, get her a full size gun. Or better yet, a long gun.

I spend a a lot of time at the range and I see this constantly. Dude buys wife cute compact gun, she can't work the gun reliably. Give her my G17 and she puts malfunction free rounds down range and makes better, more accurate hits. Full size guns are much more forgiving, and reliable, when bad technique is used.

You can train the bad technique away, but if she is like most folks, she won't put the time or energy in to become better.

And someone said limpwristing is a myth? I don't think so Tim. Go to any public range and you will see 50 people limpwristing in one day. Every day. To call it a myth has no basis in reality.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post