SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 and why I am flipping it!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 and why I am flipping it! Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

Um...

Who are you, again? You saw he was doing it with a P229 in that video, right? You know what a P229 is, don't you?

You guys and your darn details. It’s a polymer frame, man. Just like polymer frame on the Beretta 92. Or the polymer frame on the Smith 5906. All of which will auto-forward if you hit the right.

Get with the program non-believers. Razz

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it's just living with it and seeing if it all works out.
Based on very positive Internet reviews, I picked up a Shield 9mm 2.0.
Out of the box the trigger was just Ok.
But it shot consistently left/low.
S&W offered to recheck the sights and suggested I try adjusting them myself if I didn't like the 6 week turn-around.
I buggered up the front sight and had to send it back anyways to replace it.
When it came back, it was better but still shot low/left.
Didn't like the grip so added a Hogue Slip on with finger grooves and it fit much better.

Had some trigger work done by my gunsmith, and experienced multiple failure to fires.
S&W sent me a new striker, and the smith readusted everything and it finally shot great.
Then the tritium tube fell out of the replacement S&W front sight!
They said "Send it back" but the part was back-ordered 6-8 weeks.
Bought a new set of Trijicons on Amazaon and had them istalled without any major delays.

Finally, the little Shield shoots where I aim it, has a great trigger and feels very good in my hand.

But I lost faith in the product and my main carry pistol is now my H&K P30SKS...with a 15 round factory mag.

The Shield feels and shoots better, but the H&K has more capacity, is a much more solid platform and I enjoy the ambidextrous safety system it offers standard.
To each his own.
There are very few perfect outta the box firearms.
But let me tell you about my new P-210A.
One word: Sweet!

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

Um...

Who are you, again? You saw he was doing it with a P229 in that video, right? You know what a P229 is, don't you?

You guys and your darn details. It’s a polymer frame, man. Just like polymer frame on the Beretta 92. Or the polymer frame on the Smith 5906. All of which will auto-forward if you hit the right.

Get with the program non-believers. Razz

Big Grin

I love that my 226 Legion has this feature/flaw. Does it 99/100 times. So add one more polymer frame to the list that does it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
It is quit simple. The force of the mag going in is flexing the polymer frame enough to allow the slide catch to come free. Most of the responses I see are the same bs that I’ve read elsewhere. I was hoping for more then that from this group. My favorite is what do you care you were trying to load a round anyway...boooo. My second favorite was a mis use of the term racking...boohoo mr Jones video was political correctness at its finest even giving it a name. You all can give it any name you want...Lol. The polymer frames flex with to much force allowing the slide catch to release..

Um...

The guy posted a bitch about a G19 in a thread about the P365. Details don’t seem to be his strong suit man.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was a lame attempt to distract from P365 issues by saying “hey, I have a Glock and it sucks sometimes”.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Sorry your 365 isn't working out, mine has been better than expected, all things good A-OK..I'd buy it again and might just buy another one to have on hand...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Well, I never knew it had a name: "Auto-forwarding."

Besides the polymer-frame/flex issue that's already been discussed, this tends to happen with guns where the shooter uses the slide stop lever as a slide-release level (push down on the lever, slide goes forward).

Doing this repetitively can wear away the slide catch notch, making it both easier to bump-auto-forward, and more difficult to lock back on an empty chamber (because there is less of the catch notch for the lever to grab--if it doesn't rise high enough, it hits the slopped/worn portion of the slide and doesn't catch).

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
How does that account for it happening with a new gun?

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is quit simple. The force of the mag going in is flexing the polymer frame enough to allow the slide catch to come free. Most of the responses I see are the same bs that I’ve read elsewhere. I was hoping for more then that from this group. My favorite is what do you care you were trying to load a round anyway...boooo. My second favorite was a mis use of the term racking...boohoo mr Jones video was political correctness at its finest even giving it a name. You all can give it any name you want...Lol. The polymer frames flex with to much force allowing the slide catch to release..

I didn’t ask “what do you care?”. I said I didn’t care. You can care all you want.

I’m sorry that the responses you are getting from this forum aren’t living up to your expectations. But it seems like you’ve been unhappy with responses on multiple forums. Maybe if you paid attention to details, and maybe didn’t try to hijack a thread with a totally off-topic post, you’d not be as disappointed. Maybe all the forums on the internet aren’t the problem.

As the wise prophet Raylan Givens once said: If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.

If you have an issue with any firearm start a thread about it and you’ll get all sorts of good information.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dunno about auto forwarding but I like that 229 if you ever want to sell it.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know we’re griping about sig here but:
My daughter recently purchased a Glock 19 gen4
While her and I were at the range I put a mag to reload and the gun racked itself. I have since read that they do that,and all the excuses as if they made it to do that ie: Le likes they do that.I guess it’s like prostitution a victimless crime. If it was really something they were proud of it would be in their sales literature. I’ll stay with my SIGs.

Ah yes, a “birthday bump.” Common in polymer pistols if the magazine is seated briskly, particularly with a little forward thrust. The inertia of the slide allows the frame to move forward enough to get the slide off the slidestop, resulting in an “auto-forward” or “birthday bump.” I was getting the very reliably in a class when using a P320. Very reliably, but not 100 percent. Bruce pointed out that anything that you can’t count on working 100% is not a good thing, and showed me how to avoid it (don’t overdo slapping the mag in). Be firm, be deliberate and you’ll do just fine.

Birthday bumps are trivial to cause in P320s and M&Ps, I’d guess they aren’t that hard to cause in a Glock either. I’ve managed to cause them in a P226 too, but I had to really work at it. They aren’t that hard to cause in polymer pistols and they aren’t hard to avoid either if you understand what is happening and why. Like many other things it is simply a matter of training.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post