SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 and why I am flipping it!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 and why I am flipping it! Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Taken from another thread:

• To Exeter and back reliability
  • To Exeter twice and back reliability
  • To Hell with Reliability
  • Take a gamble with Sig
  • Send it Back We will FIX it
  • You’re our Beta Tester
  • Average products at premium prices
  • Beta Testers wanted, no compensation offered
  • Never settle.....You will buy a Glock
  • you drop them they will fire!
  • Never Settle......for Indian MIM....
  • Were still better than Taurus

And yet it seems like a good idea to give Chazman1946 a hard time over his honest opinion and history concerning one pistol?
    Somehow I don't think anyone will confuse a P365 with a Swiss P210-5. Even in the dark.

At least he comes back to defend himself and give an honest explanation with everybody's concerns. More should try doing this.

• ^^This.

First off SIG sucks at making strikers, second they've been deceptive, third they purposely gave us a gun(s) that had safety and reliability issues. If I ever wanted a striker I'd buy a Glock, and I'm about the biggest SIG fanboy there is.

Cut the guy some slack, he's just sharing his experiences with us, which I appreciate.

Welcome to the forum Chazman1946. Don't let these guys run you off in your first month here. Hope you stick around.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Sigforum K9 handler
    Picture of jljones
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

• Take a gamble with Sig
  • You’re our Beta Tester

And yet it seems like a good idea to give Chazman1946 a hard time over his honest opinion and history concerning one pistol?

• I am having a bit of an issue connecting your reference to a witty slogan thread, and the fact that you think the witty slogan thread ought to give the OP a pass from others questioning his motives.

One thread has nothing to do with the other.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37119 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of az4783054
    posted Hide Post
    Everybody has had a gun, a car, maybe a wife that we didn't like/got rid of. No problem, we're all made different. What doesn't work for one, might work fine for everyone else. Who cares?

Why does one feel the need to post a thread about it? I don't own a GLOCK. I handled a GLOCK many years ago but wasn't impressed. I don't write long threads to justify my choice.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Frequent Denizen
    of the Twilight Zone
    Picture of SIGWolf
    posted Hide Post
    I can understand losing confidence in a gun. I've had it happen and have sold the guns in question. I can understand that when it's based on personal experience and when it's based on reports both.

However, when it comes to the latter, they number and significance can be misconstrued as all the reports are anecdotes. As such they do not represent the entire population of guns sold and running, nor does it tell you the percent that have issues.

Even guns that are now considered 100% reliable have their issues based on anecdotal reports, even Glock. I expect every single one of the guns to which the P365 has been compared have their examples of problems. They just aren't getting the attention the P365 has now either because they've been around longer or no one really cares about them, perhaps doesn't have the same expectations or perhaps the same bias.

I've been really surprised at the level of SIG bashing even on this forum. I'm confident the gun is well designed and, if there is an issue, will be fixed by SIG and will eventually become 100% to the same extent as other brands out there.

The P365 had a lot of hype, a lot of eyes and, I think, some people who wanted it to fail or were gleeful when it did, or, as is the case with the internet and forums, to create sensation and attention.

I can understand not being willing to trust your life to a gun in which you do not have 100% confidence. That's your prerogative. I think, though, you're "jumping the gun" as it were.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    PopeDaddy
    Picture of x0225095
    posted Hide Post
    Who cares?

I see nothing wrong with the post except some of you want to haze him for it in disagreement.

Who hasn’t bought firearms before and let them go sooner rather than later for various reasons that, if apparent at the time, would have prevented the purchase in the first place ?

I have zero interest in this SIG for some of the same reasons.

He’s just making conversation.

Chill out and roll out the welcome mat next time.

0:01

Posts: 4215 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Well...let's review
    1. You pocket carry but bought a 9 that holds 10+1
    2. It works great but what if>>>
    3. Ergonomics don't feel right...
    4. Point ability is way off

Sounds like you could have handled it a bit more in the gun shop before buying. An expensive mistake. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
    Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 728 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Go ahead punk, make my day
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by x0225095:
    Nah, Glock Fanbois must be squashed immediately, if you dislike the SIG you are a 'hater'.

And no one here has ever bought a gun they later figured out they didn't like and sold it. EVER. Razz

quote:
    Originally posted by SIGWolf:
    I've been really surprised at the level of SIG bashing even on this forum.
    Well there has kind of been a track record of 'oops' by SIG in the last oh 5+ years. I could make the list but it's easy to figure out, objectively.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Jimg1960
    posted Hide Post
    I know we’re griping about sig here but:
    My daughter recently purchased a Glock 19 gen4
    While her and I were at the range I put a mag to reload and the gun racked itself. I have since read that they do that,and all the excuses as if they made it to do that ie: Le likes they do that.I guess it’s like prostitution a victimless crime. If it was really something they were proud of it would be in their sales literature. I’ll stay with my SIGs.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Greymann
    posted Hide Post
    Was trying to post a picture link but not today? I was wondering how you get your post on Google news feed?

Posts: 1576 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Mastrogiacomo
    posted Hide Post
    There's no "victimless crime" in prostitution, but to stick with the gun topic, people generally go with what's comfortable for them and what they can afford - and neither reason makes it a better or worse choice.

Laura

Luctor et Emergo

Posts: 194 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Frangas non Flectes
    Picture of P220 Smudge
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by x0225095:
    Who cares?

I see nothing wrong with the post except some of you want to haze him for it in disagreement.

Who hasn’t bought firearms before and let them go sooner rather than later for various reasons that, if apparent at the time, would have prevented the purchase in the first place ?

I have zero interest in this SIG for some of the same reasons.

He’s just making conversation.

I think some of it may have to do with some members not wanting to feel stupid for buying a 365, and taking criticisms of the pistol personally. To the point of personally insulting people in at least several threads about it now. Nobody wants to think they’ve bought a turd, and someone else saying they think they may be all at risk for being turds, by extension, implies the very thing they don’t want to believe.

Time will tell. SIG has made, oh, maybe more than just a few blunders in the past decade worth of new models and production. Reputation is a thing that happens over time. There’s enough reports of concerning issues cropping up with this model, combined with that reputation, to make some folks say “you know, I’m just not sure I want to risk it.” And they get panned here, which doesn’t seem exactly fair to me, but whatever.

Posts: 17195 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    My other Sig
    is a Steyr.
    Picture of .38supersig
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by jljones:
    quote:

...And yet it seems like a good idea to give Chazman1946 a hard time over his honest opinion and history concerning one pistol?

...and the fact that you think the witty slogan thread ought to give the OP a pass from others questioning his motives.

So I suppose his opinion would be worthwhile if he joined us sooner? How long before it is to be as much as anyone else? A year? Five? 1999? Chazman1946 has given a good history of his P365 since he bought it over the past few months. Asked other members about their P365s on this forum and provided input on different magazines as well.

Yes, I too have bought what I thought was a stinker of a handgun. Didn't like them and sold them quick. One was a Ruger LCP and the other was a Glock 19. For all the hype, they just didn't do it for me. Made some folks happy unloading those. In their defense, Ruger and Glock have given better customer service than what I put up with on an STI that set me back $2,700.

Somehow the less-than-spectacular welcome that was given to waynewash comes to mind. Even though he came to us with information and history unlike anything that had been seen on this forum or any other. That didn't turn out to be our finest hour.

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Sigforum K9 handler
    Picture of jljones
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    Originally posted by jljones:
    quote:

...And yet it seems like a good idea to give Chazman1946 a hard time over his honest opinion and history concerning one pistol?

...and the fact that you think the witty slogan thread ought to give the OP a pass from others questioning his motives.

So I suppose his opinion would be worthwhile if he joined us sooner? How long before it is to be as much as anyone else? A year? Five? 1999?

Yes, I too have bought what I thought was a stinker of a handgun. Didn't like them and sold them quick. One was a Ruger LCP and the other was a Glock 19. For all the hype, they just didn't do it for me. Made some folks happy unloading those. In their defense, Ruger and Glock have given better customer service than what I put up with on an STI that set me back $2,700.

Somehow the less-than-spectacular welcome that was given to waynewash comes to mind. Even though he came to us with information and history unlike anything that had been seen on this forum or any other. That didn't turn out to be our finest hour.

Aside from all the emotion, you still draw no corrolation between this thread and what you posted from the other.

It looks as if you posted it hoping for cheerleading support, and since that apparently didn’t work out, we re knee deep in emotion on the “welcome”?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37119 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    My other Sig
    is a Steyr.
    Picture of .38supersig
    posted Hide Post
    Whatever. I think you can call the thread police by clicking on the triangle thingy if it means that much to you. ---->

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    "Member"
    Picture of cas
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Chazman1946:

3rd reason, and something I didn't realize until my last range time and dry firing, the ergonomics on this pistol are all off, at least for at me anyways.

This is why I say it's the worst feeling gun I've ever held. It just doesn't fit me. Years ago I had a full sized pistol that was this way... a little. If I picked it up off the bench and shot it, it was fine. But if I had to draw it from a holster, it either shot well left or well right. And that gun only felt a little "off" to me. The 365 has it in spades, easily 10-20 times worse, so much so I don't think I could shoot it even if I picked it up and placed it in my hand just so. It's just no good for the size/shape of my hands.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21121 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Chazman1946
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by cre8ors:
    Same thing happened to me. I lined up the sights with the center of the target. Then something strange happened, the gun started shaking and actually twisted in my hand forcing it off target. It was like it was possessed. I was worried it would finally turn and attack me so I sold it for a ton of money. Enough to buy two Glocks. Later I was diagnosed with Sig hatred syndrome. A condition I developed from reading the negative posts on Facebook. I thank God for the two Glocks I bought that have cured me. Oh lordy, did I mention that I had enough money left over to buy a Hi-point but that's another story.

Nothing against Sig Sauer, this is the first one I have owned, never even held one until I test fired the P365.

Have only the previous opinion of others that they were fine, reliable pistols.

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Chazman1946
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by XLT:
    Go on a ford forum and tell everyone how bad ford sucks but all the other brands are great. the same posters day in and day out piling on." I don't trust it", "the striker smears thats just not right", 'but I have never had an issue with it so I cant trust it" cry me a river . I think some of you posters just like to bitch because you have nothing better to do. this is getting really old.

Oh, so this forum is for rabid Fan Boys only?

I'm into wrist watches as well, and actually got banned from a forum one for making comments about Rolex (I own a Submariner)that they considered heresy, commenting on how they aren't worth the price people are paying for them.

I guess I might get banned here also right, because I can't make an honest opinion on a weapon I purchased?

BTW, I have the cajones to post my bona-fides to show exactly who I am, can you?

https://marines.togetherweserv...type=Person&ID=17840

Picture of Chazman1946
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Skins2881:
    quote:

• Take a gamble with Sig
  • You’re our Beta Tester

Somehow I don't think anyone will confuse a P365 with a Swiss P210-5. Even in the dark.

At least he comes back to defend himself and give an honest explanation with everybody's concerns. More should try doing this.

• ^^This.

First off SIG sucks at making strikers, second they've been deceptive, third they purposely gave us a gun(s) that had safety and reliability issues. If I ever wanted a striker I'd buy a Glock, and I'm about the biggest SIG fanboy there is.

Cut the guy some slack, he's just sharing his experiences with us, which I appreciate.

Welcome to the forum Chazman1946. Don't let these guys run you off in your first month here. Hope you stick around.

Thank you!

Picture of Chazman1946
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rodfac:
    Well...let's review
    1. You pocket carry but bought a 9 that holds 10+1
    2. It works great but what if>>>
    3. Ergonomics don't feel right...
    4. Point ability is way off

Sounds like you could have handled it a bit more in the gun shop before buying. An expensive mistake. Rod

Try finding a P365 in a store to handle, I could only use an older one that was a rental at a LGS. Next time I came in they said it was broken from light primer strikes and they sent it back to SIG. I still made the purchase and gave it a fair chance.

Since you were in the Nam, what would you have preferred to carry, the rock solid M14, like I carried or one of those Matty Mattel M16s?

Picture of Chazman1946
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by cas:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Chazman1946:

3rd reason, and something I didn't realize until my last range time and dry firing, the ergonomics on this pistol are all off, at least for at me anyways.

This is why I say it's the worst feeling gun I've ever held. It just doesn't fit me. Years ago I had a full sized pistol that was this way... a little. If I picked it up off the bench and shot it, it was fine. But if I had to draw it from a holster, it either shot well left or well right. At that gun only felt a little "off" to me. The 365 has it in spades, easily 10-20 times worse, so much so I don't think I could shoot it even if I picked it up and placed it in my hand just so. It's just no good the size/shape of my hands.

Bingo!