SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 and why I am flipping it!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 and why I am flipping it! Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I'm confused you said previously you like it, so you rented one and like the way it shot. Then you shoot 500 rnds and dry fire now you say can't point it cause its canted. This doesn't make sense.

Posts: 1558 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
My Google news feed trending said "p365 and why I'm flipping it " so I clicked it and straight to this thread? Never had a news story link to sigforum before.

Google News Feed? Where did I mention google news feed, all you have to do is watch a few Youtube videos to get a clue about the problems with this weapon.

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm confused you said previously you like it, so you rented one and like the way it shot. Then you shoot 500 rnds and dry fire now you say can't point it cause its canted. This doesn't make sense.

No, it makes absolute sense to me, I gave the weapon a more then fair chance, always thought there was something "off" on it about ease to put on target, but that that was just me.

After a few hundred rounds and dry firing about another 500 times, it dawned on me what the problem was, the weapons ergonomics just don't work with me, like I said, me, didn't say everyone!

posted Hide Post
If I ever see one to look at, I’ll decide for myself.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Now my Google news feed trending the same title: "p365 and why I'm flipping it." But now when I clicked on story it goes to Sig Talk but same post. How do you get Google to link your posts on their news feed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Greymann,

Posts: 1558 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chazman1946:

Why wouldn't I want a pistol if held in hand, trigger finger out along side of the barrel, not have the sights match up on target, where my index finger is pointing at?

P.S. I have been carrying pistols on me for over 50 years, so I have a little bit of a clue.

The phrase "a poor carpenter blames his tools" leaps to mind.

Again, to each his own. The pistol doesn't do your work for you, ergo, it doesn't work for you. Sell it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
quote:

All that was before he read on the internet how bad it was.... Wink

No I actually ordered it from Quantico Tactical as an LE order after test firing it and watching the negative videos about the failures.

Had high hopes for it, but little lingering dislikes finally took over, didn't like how it fit my hand, didn't like the atrocious magazine release that required me to use my left hand to hit the button, and then not have the mag freely drop out from gravity.

Wasn't thrilled with having to try and force the last couple of rounds into the magazine, it feeling like it really wasn't designed for that many rounds.

Wasn't really thrilled with the X-ray sights which are not as nice as the Tru-Glo ones on my Ruger, nor the ones on my Walther PPQ.

Not too trilled with the sand paper, rough finish on the grip, at least I saved the money on purchasing Talon grips for it.

The lingering worries about reliability wasn't the sole reason for dumping it, but it certainly added to the reason.

Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by Chazman1946:

Why wouldn't I want a pistol if held in hand, trigger finger out along side of the barrel, not have the sights match up on target, where my index finger is pointing at?

P.S. I have been carrying pistols on me for over 50 years, so I have a little bit of a clue.

The phrase "a poor carpenter blames his tools" leaps to mind.

Again, to each his own. The pistol doesn't do your work for you, ergo, it doesn't work for you. Sell it.

I did, it's up on consignment at my LGS as of this afternoon.

posted Hide Post
Sometimes a guns ergonomics don't fit you. Just move on to one that does. No need to justify to anyone. There's are various reasons there are millions of used guns for sale at every dealers shop.

I really tried to like a 9mm Mark III BHP I bought (I'm 6'3) a while back. But, between the short trigger reach and square grip, it just didn't, I sold it and moved on to a cz 75 SA that fit my hand.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same thing happened to me. I lined up the sights with the center of the target. Then something strange happened, the gun started shaking and actually twisted in my hand forcing it off target. It was like it was possessed. I was worried it would finally turn and attack me so I sold it for a ton of money. Enough to buy two Glocks. Later I was diagnosed with Sig hatred syndrome. A condition I developed from reading the negative posts on Facebook. I thank God for the two Glocks I bought that have cured me. Oh lordy, did I mention that I had enough money left over to buy a Hi-point but that's another story.

When telling someone the truth keep one foot in the stirrup

Posts: 5 | Registered: June 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cre8ors:
Same thing happened to me. I lined up the sights with the center of the target. Then something strange happened, the gun started shaking and actually twisted in my hand forcing it off target. It was like it was possessed. I was worried it would finally turn and attack me so I sold it for a ton of money. Enough to buy two Glocks. Later I was diagnosed with Sig hatred syndrome. A condition I developed from reading the negative posts on Facebook. I thank God for the two Glocks I bought that have cured me. Oh lordy, did I mention that I had enough money left over to buy a Hi-point but that's another story.

Probably one of those Lipseys special edition Dower pistols. They're designed to work in pairs. Normally one is held in each hand and they twist to cross when passing over water.

Were you shooting near an aquifer?

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Oh your negative chi had an inversely proportionate response to the P365, making them very sad and giving them wipy primer syndromes. But thankfully they Gs up so they don’t fire when dropped, praised be the unholy negative thir-TAY.

Oh there be the horror of fanboi-Dom and hate is real.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Go on a ford forum and tell everyone how bad ford sucks but all the other brands are great. the same posters day in and day out piling on." I don't trust it", "the striker smears thats just not right", 'but I have never had an issue with it so I cant trust it" cry me a river . I think some of you posters just like to bitch because you have nothing better to do. this is getting really old.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are we the deplorables, as has already been inferred?

Are you going to tell us that the problems don't continue to be reported, first hand, here, daily?

Not bullshit ideas like "it doesn't point in the right direction," but actual problems, the same problems, in recent "generation" sales? Your'e not going to be another one of those guys, are you?

How many do we have to own before we have a right to speak about it?

Sig would love to shut us up. Industry leaders have told us to shut up. You too? They didn't have the clout. Do you?

The poster didn't like his pistol. He's selling it. Get over it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by cre8ors:

Probably one of those Lipseys special edition Dower pistols. They're designed to work in pairs. Normally one is held in each hand and they twist to cross when passing over water.

Were you shooting near an aquifer?

I live in Chicago so I have to hold all my guns sideways. Gangsta! and the ground was strangely moist which could have been me. At my age incontinence can be a problem

When telling someone the truth keep one foot in the stirrup

Posts: 5 | Registered: June 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Go on a ford forum and tell everyone how bad ford sucks but all the other brands are great. the same posters day in and day out piling on." I don't trust it", "the striker smears thats just not right", 'but I have never had an issue with it so I cant trust it" cry me a river . I think some of you posters just like to bitch because you have nothing better to do. this is getting really old.

This forum is an always has been about all guns, not just Sig.

And the gun has had at least three design flaws that have caused it to stop working. You can insist all you want that it’s a great gun, but it isn’t.

As an aside, I remember yeeeeears ago you commenting that your avatar was a woman who wasn’t your wife, just a pic. You said she looked like your wife though. Uh huh. So your cut has always given me a chuckle since you added it.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I am a poor carpenter. My tools suck. I can bend over screws. (No pun intended????)

I tried to build a dog house once. It wound up looking like the time when Homer tried to make the costume for Lisa of the state of Florida.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
The reasons the OP posted for selling his pistol, are the same ones keeping me from buying a P365.

It's all about choices.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Taken from another thread:

• To Exeter and back reliability
  • To Exeter twice and back reliability
  • To Hell with Reliability
  • Take a gamble with Sig
  • Send it Back We will FIX it
  • You’re our Beta Tester
  • Average products at premium prices
  • Beta Testers wanted, no compensation offered
  • Never settle.....You will buy a Glock
  • you drop them they will fire!
  • Never Settle......for Indian MIM....
  • Were still better than Taurus

And yet it seems like a good idea to give Chazman1946 a hard time over his honest opinion and history concerning one pistol?
    Somehow I don't think anyone will confuse a P365 with a Swiss P210-5. Even in the dark.

At least he comes back to defend himself and give an honest explanation with everybody's concerns. More should try doing this.

•  
    Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of sigmoid
    posted Hide Post
    Oh, for fucks sake
    I'm gonna ask Para to add a "humor" section for shit like this
    Anybody remember a handgun named 1911 .45 ACP?
    That thing has seen more action than a 2 dollar hooker.
    Yet...

I seriously wonder what your some of your poor wives go thru? Smile

________,_____________________________
    Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post