SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 and why I am flipping it!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 and why I am flipping it! Login/Join 
Picture of Chazman1946
posted
Picked this pistol up little over a month ago, born date is 28 June 2018, put about 500 rounds through it, mixed ammo, using the 10+1 flat floor plate mag, the 10+1 extended pinky mag, and the 12+1 extended mag. Not one hiccup!

So you would ask, "Why sell it if it's a winner"?

Here's why, the lingering problems with the strikers breaking and the dead triggers, doesn't exactly inspire confidence in this weapon, even though mine hasn't failed yet, the question is "When will it fail"?

2nd reason, the weight, I pocket carry exclusively and this pistol is has pushed the envelope too far for that, and it just isn't comfortable to carry, and that's the main reason why people will consistently carry a pistol and not leave it at home.

3rd reason, and something I didn't realize until my last range time and dry firing, the ergonomics on this pistol are all off, at least for at me anyways.

I like my pistols to naturally point towards the target when carried in one hand, arm straight out, trigger finger pointed directly at target, sights should be lined up with it.

All of my Glocks do this, my Walther PPQ does this, but this P365 when done this way, is severely canted to the left, to the point it would be way off target, and I have to adjust my hold to other then arm straight out, to get on target, this alone is making me ditch this weapon!

Maybe this is just an anatomical anomaly to just me, but I have heard others comment on how this weapon doesn't come onto target very well, also??

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If it don't work for you it don't work for you.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do what works for you.

I can't imagine why your pistol doesn't point where you want it to point. It's just an object, after all, and it's up to the shooter to use the sights to put the rounds on target. I can't recall ever expecting a weapon to do my work for me, and I don't recall a firearm I could blame for my failure to hit the target.

I did know a gentleman years ago that would beat a basketball with his fists and throw it violently against a wall, to punish the ball for failure to go in the hoop when he tried to make a basket. It just didn't do what he wanted it to do.

I find the P365 to be smaller and more compact than my G43, when carried in a pocket holster.

To each his own.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least the demand is high so you ought to be able to get a good price.

Wait, this isn't a sneaky WTS ad, is it?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I was the exact opposite. My P365 was like a glove. I could look you straight in the eye and tell you they made it for my right hand.

Had my favorite X-ray sights, nice grip texturing, pointed perfect and held 10 plus 1. I love everything about mine.

I sold mine for the same reasons. Ever an issue, but I couldn’t log onto the forums or YouTube and not see another person having some issues. I sold mine 2 months ago knowing if I waited much longer, I wouldn’t get what I paid. I came out 75 dollars ahead.

I want another one, but my confidence is rattled and for that reason alone, I alternate between a 43 and P320SC

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Obviously just another example of a Glock Fanboi-hater trying to topple the SIG empire <sarcasm, humor Wink >

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
9 posts and he is bashing the 365, but loves his Glocks? Hmmmm…..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Obviously just another example of a Glock Fanboi-hater trying to topple the SIG empire <sarcasm, humor Wink >

Yep, for every negative post on the internet, they kill a kitten.

No, that's not quite right. For every kitten with a negative post, they kill an internet.

No, I don't think that is right either. For every internet, a kitten kills a negative post.

Yeah, I think that is it.

Oh, and let's not forget the mandatory "DON'T DROP IT".

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The 365 is smaller and lighter than the comparable G26. Even the G43 is slightly longer and heavier.
As accuracy has been verified by many over the production run, maybe it isn't for you.

It MIGHT fail because of what's heard on the internet? Know any firearm that doesn't fit that description?

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
It MIGHT fail because of what's heard on the internet? Know any firearm that doesn't fit that description?

You had better quit using your "gun" (wennie) because , I assure you, it will fail you at some point!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guns fail, but Sigs seem to be leading the pack.

I hear ya op, Sig has been stepping in it for years now. The 320 and 365 debacles are icing on the cake. I wouldn't trust em either.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45_Auto:

My thoughts exactly. Congratulations on flipping your pistol Chazman. Enjoy those Glocks.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
That primer drag is not right. No one who is being honest can say that’s good. It obviously puts undue strain on the striker. I got rid of mine and haven’t looked back.

For me the ergos were good though, especially with the 12 round mag.

Other makers who are more trust worthy will hopefully have a competing model out soon.

As for weight, I think this new class of gun will always have a weight issue.

The simple fact is that 10 rounds of 124 gr or heavier bullets just adds up. It’s one of the reasons I like to carry my Glock 42. Sure the 43 is barely bigger but 7 +1 rounds (magguts) of 380 weighs noticeably less than 7 +1 (Taran tac) of 9mm.

I’d actually like to see Glock or S&W make a 365 sized double stack .380 just to keep the weight down. I mean, I want a 9mm too, but also a 380

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad I could not find one locally when they first came out.It might be a fine pistol one day if they can get the bugs worked out.

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Glock 19er
posted Hide Post
Im gonna wait at least 6 more months before I buy one.

>>>---Scalp'em 'Noles--->

Posts: 570 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Registered: March 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
My Google news feed trending said "p365 and why I'm flipping it " so I clicked it and straight to this thread? Never had a news story link to sigforum before.

Posts: 1554 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Do what works for you.

I can't imagine why your pistol doesn't point where you want it to point. It's just an object, after all, and it's up to the shooter to use the sights to put the rounds on target. I can't recall ever expecting a weapon to do my work for me, and I don't recall a firearm I could blame for my failure to hit the target.

I did know a gentleman years ago that would beat a basketball with his fists and throw it violently against a wall, to punish the ball for failure to go in the hoop when he tried to make a basket. It just didn't do what he wanted it to do.

I find the P365 to be smaller and more compact than my G43, when carried in a pocket holster.

To each his own.

Why wouldn't I want a pistol if held in hand, trigger finger out along side of the barrel, not have the sights match up on target, where my index finger is pointing at?

P.S. I have been carrying pistols on me for over 50 years, so I have a little bit of a clue.

Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
At least the demand is high so you ought to be able to get a good price.

Wait, this isn't a sneaky WTS ad, is it?

LOL, no, I took it to my LGS and it's up on consignment for $550, should get my price with the scarcity.

Interestingly, I had another pistol on consignment with them for 3 months and it wasn't moving, a Ruger LC9s pro, that I had a set of Tru-glo night sights put on it.

I took it back and they only charged me $20 for having on sale in their store for three months.

I have no idea what was going on in my mind when I dumped that one and picked up the P365.

The P365 only carries 3 more rounds, is heavier, uncomfortable to pocket carry, and the trigger on the LC9s is about 100% better, what was I thinking??

Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45_Auto:

I also love my Rugers and Walthers as well, so?

It's not like I am some Sig hating Troll, I actually bought and shot the weapon and it just wasn't for me.

Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
The 365 is smaller and lighter than the comparable G26. Even the G43 is slightly longer and heavier.
As accuracy has been verified by many over the production run, maybe it isn't for you.

No way the 43 is heavier fully loaded then P365 fully loaded.