SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Carry with round in chamber or wait and rack. Which camp are you in? *Warning*: graphic
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Carry with round in chamber or wait and rack. Which camp are you in? *Warning*: graphic Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Good lord.

Revolvers. Fully loaded, hammer down.

DA/SA. Mag stuffed, with one in the chamber, hammer down.

Single action auto. Mag stuffed, one in the chamber, cocked, safety on.

I don't own any striker guns, but if I did, they would be stuffed + 1 also.

Maximum internal ammo load, with the immediate ability to engage. That's why I carry the damned thing. It's not a fashion accessory!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Artie...I couldn't put it any better Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Picture of SIGINT-228
posted Hide Post
I have always carried with around in the chamber. Aside from classic Sigs being beautiful handguns the main reason I go with them is their design, no safety lever. I believe in a stressful situation the simpler the tool the better probability of the desired outcome.

------------------------------------------------------------
“Come on you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?” Sergeant Major Dan Daly (USMC)

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That was sad to watch. Does anyone have a link to the news story that goes with it? I wonder why he decided to pull a gun that wasn't loaded? Most times if you give them what they want they go away. I wonder if there was some kind of clues that the robber wasn't leaving any witnesses?

There is no way first I'd carry like that, second that I would draw mid way through the robbery with an unseen accomplice behind me and my son there.

DA/SA SIG always, usually don't keep the +1 in it though.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
When the Secret Service went from S&W Model 19's
in 1988 to DA/SA Sigs it was because of no need to take the weapon off "safe". Easy transition!
USSS agents always have a round in the chamber.

I have been in two live fire situations in my past USSS career, and believe me, if ANYTHING can slow down your reaction time, you should eliminate that possibility.

Just my experience......

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Report This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Good lord.

Revolvers. Fully loaded, hammer down.

DA/SA. Mag stuffed, with one in the chamber, hammer down.

Single action auto. Mag stuffed, one in the chamber, cocked, safety on.

I don't own any striker guns, but if I did, they would be stuffed + 1 also.

Maximum internal ammo load, with the immediate ability to engage. That's why I carry the damned thing. It's not a fashion accessory!

Damn skippy!

People who carry without a round in the chamber might as well put a pad lock on their fire extinguishers, too. Roll Eyes

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheNewbie:
quote:
Originally posted by kilyung:
I carry condition 0 on striker fired guns and condition 1 on hammers.

Why?

If you do not feel comfortable carrying with a chambered round on strikers, why not only carry hammer guns or carry revolvers?

Perhaps a clarification is in order. Condition 0, as I think of it, is chamber loaded with safety off. Condition 1 is chamber loaded with safety on. So the difference is just the presence of a manual safety. In the case of the striker, I carry with loaded chamber and (if present) safety off. In the case of a hammer gun, I carry with loaded chamber + hammer cocked + safety on. Either way, I'm always loaded.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Find me someone who is faster and as accurate as me pulling the gun out and racking a round into the chamber, and we'll talk. Then we'll do 20 burpees and do it again. You're not going to convince me that it is "marginally slower" or "just as fast".

Now, with that being said, if people want to accept that it is slower, have at it. I have no problems with it being a choice, but invariably someone always brings up the Israelis and somehow makes the claim that it is as fast. It is not.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If jacking the slide adds, let's say half a second, that is half a second too much. A lot can go wrong in half a second when the attacker is just a few feet away.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Ugh, this shit again?