SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally Picked up a Nice P239 in .357 - Mag Parts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally Picked up a Nice P239 in .357 - Mag Parts? Login/Join 
posted
Up until a couple of months ago, I have had a decent-shape P239 in .357. It was kinda shopworn so I was never too happy with it. During that time, SF Member Mtn_Plinker fixed me up with two new .357 mag bodies. Finances and scratches finally got the best of me so I sold it. Fast forward to this past SAT and I found another .357 locally. It looks virtually new in the photo - and it is a grade better than my previous one - but it still has a couple of nitpicks.

The frame rails look new although wear on the hammer shows that it's had quite a few rounds thru it. It's better than my previous one, but this one still has some slide rattle with the magazine out. Neither of my 9mm's have that rattle - maybe this is just something with the .40/.357 slides? Anyways, nitpicks - it was advertised as having the box but it's a replacement with no label; and it had an awful looking set of Hogue rubber grips on it. So, I pulled the grips off of one of my 9mm's...

Now, the big question - Mtn_Plinker gave me the two mag bodies thru a karma - but I still haven't found any .357 followers, floorplates or floorplate catches. I have checked on Numrich and Midway to no avail. I'm not hinting or asking for another freebie - but, does anyone know another source for floorplates and followers? Thanks!!

Edited to add; it's got an odd (to me) SBU018XXX serial number...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GeoJelly,

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
The letter "U" was an indicator that the frame was made in the US.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
George - send me a note or text! I can help you out

Posts: 3082 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Top Gun Supply had some magazine parts the last time I looked.
Also, I have had limited luck finding 357 sig mags on e-bay at the 25-35 dollar range.

Posts: 371 | Location: The once great state of California | Registered: November 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PGT - Thank you sir!! Deputy Bill, does the slide on your P239/.357 seem to be a little bit on the loose side? I know it can't, or shouldn't, be rock solid or there'd be functioning issues ... but, mine has more than typical (for other autos) movement in it ...

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one 239 in 357 that is still in the box. I normally carry my 40 cal. 239's for CCW. I haven't really noticed any of my 239's rattling.

My advise would be to see how it groups on the range. In my experience my 239's tend to shoot tighter groups than my 226 and 229 Sigs.

Posts: 371 | Location: The once great state of California | Registered: November 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P239's rattle. It's never been a problem. I carried a P239 in .40 for a time; it was noticeable. It never affected function.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post