SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Guy Here: My Factory Nickel P226
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Guy Here: My Factory Nickel P226 Login/Join 
posted
Hi guys, first post. I've had this P226 for about 20 years now and it's the last of my SIG's at this point. Probably get another 229 soon though.

I've always known this gun is rare, but how rare? Do you guys see them on the forum a lot?

The cardboard box deteriorated to nothing and the manual were lost before I got it but it did come with the foam. I have a thing for cases, so I bought a nice Halliburton case for it and mated the foam into the case. Kinda pointless but what the hey.

I'ii try to post a couple pics if I can figure out how...

Edited to delate value question. I'd never sell it anyways...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ElvisNixon,

Posts: 8 | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElvisNixon:
I'd never sell it, but wondered what they sell for nowadays if that's not a forbidden question.

Actually, "what's my gun worth" threads are forbidden!

There are resources out there on the internet to determine that, such as GunBroker by searching for completed auctions.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best way to determine market value is to search completed auctions on gunbroker. You'll see what people actually paid, not what they say they would pay or what people ask for.

Posts: 139 | Location: Indiana | Registered: June 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.flickr.com/photos/...m-72157687956046940/

EDIT: deleted value question, can't seem to post pics from Flickr direct, you can click on links to view

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ You need to make the pics public, so folks can see. As of now, it says you have to sign in to view the pics.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool.

Can't help you with the valuation. Was there any thing written down as a model number before the box was given up on? Would they have peeled the label off first? As rare as some of the Sigs here have been, I hope you have this or can get more info to see what Sig can tell you based on the serial number.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum.

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think I made them public. LMK if they work now

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Seeing pics now. Nice Ni P226. Probably a KB (1991) one.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Cool.

Can't help you with the valuation. Was there any thing written down as a model number before the box was given up on? Would they have peeled the label off first? As rare as some of the Sigs here have been, I hope you have this or can get more info to see what Sig can tell you based on the serial number.

Don't need the valuation, was just curious.

I never had the box. It's definitely factory nickel. It's a KB (1991) W. German ser# U446379 which jibes on the date and serials for a nickel gun based on the master list compiled on the site.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
From my observations, 1991 seems to be the year SIG was most prolific in cranking out Ni guns.

Q

posted Hide Post
My 226 nickel is also a KB 91, U441 serial.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Very nice P226.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliments guys. It’s one of my favorites. Has anyone seen a nickel P229? I’d love to have one.

posted Hide Post
Aren't those stainless slides?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aren't those stainless slides?

Yes. The entire guns are nickel plated, however.

Q

Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

EDIT: deleted value question, can't seem to post pics from Flickr direct, you can click on links to view

Nice looking pistol hound dog.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I have one of these as well, still in the original box. It’s almost too pretty to shoot. I mostly just shoot my P228’s at the range as a result.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful guns and I always like the
"satin nickle" finish that looked like stainless: but was nickle.

I had a "standard" 226 9 with "folded steel" slide not stainless and found that Sig sent them to Klein Plating, in Pa somewhere, so sent mine and had 3 mags done, too.

FYI, in addition to GOTM in early-mid 2000 Sig did a few runs of these for one of major wholesalers RSR and I bought and sold quite a few.

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post