SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I put a new Sig on Layaway!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I put a new Sig on Layaway!! Login/Join 
posted
https://www.hyattgunstore.com/...o-edition-grips.html

I'm pretty excited about this one. I was originally looking for the M11-A1 but found this instead. What do you all think?

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanks,

Matt

Matthew Logan

Posts: 414 | Location: NC | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like. The grips are the same that I have on my 225a1. Very grippy. That is a good price for a nicely equipped gun.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, you can't go wrong with a P229. The P229 is a great shooting gun, it's not too big, nor is it too small. I have a P229 and it's been a great shooter.
I'm sure you'll like it. The Talo edition is a neat and unique model that I haven't seen before. That's a nice plus too.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
That’s an old school with the 13 round magazines. Congrats and Happy Thanksgiving.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jac1304,

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
You'll like it. I've been very happy with mine. Posted this a month or so back...

Put a different trigger on it since. Great shooter.

EDIT:

My preferred SIG trigger bow. I do like them solid. Still would like to rid myself of that damn tramp stamp on the slide, though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: soggy_spinout,

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice, thanks for the pic! How does the grip feel compared to the E2 grip?

Matthew Logan

Posts: 414 | Location: NC | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I definitely prefer that one over the M11-A1.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow Lilskeez, great price for a 229 ! ! !
Like others have already commented, the 229 is a fabulous gun.
Congrats!

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very nice!! the 229 is one of my favorites. Congrats.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lilskeez:
Very nice, thanks for the pic! How does the grip feel compared to the E2 grip?

To me it's noticeably larger around than the 1-pc E² grip. From a grip purchase standpoint, I don't mind the E² on the P229; doesn't have the same kind of annoying backstrap swell that the P226 E² exhibits. On the 'compact' SIG the E² feels good in hand but it ain't ever gonna win any beauty contest.

So between the two types, I wind up preferring the G10 panels. Enough aggressive texture with decently good looks. But they haven't been perfect either. The grip screws on the right side worked loose a couple of range sessions back, enough so that the right panel shifted enough to be an annoyance. And the larger texturing of the G10s really amplifies the lack of effective texture on the gun's front strap.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked one of these up for 680 on gunbroker. I bought an SRT Kit from top gun supply and 4 15 round mags for it and she is good to go. The grips are fantastic. Its deadly accurate. I love the Legacy elite slide on mine

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
You'll like it. I've been very happy with mine. Posted this a month or so back...

Put a different trigger on it since. Great shooter.

EDIT:

My preferred SIG trigger bow. I do like them solid. Still would like to rid myself of that damn tramp stamp on the slide, though.

Big Grin
Still a great looking 229 though.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lilskeez:
https://www.hyattgunstore.com/...o-edition-grips.html

I'm pretty excited about this one. I was originally looking for the M11-A1 but found this instead. What do you all think?

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanks,

Matt

As well you should be excited !

Congratulations, sir. You did very, very well, indeed Big Grin

Iffin that model is possible to be converted to DAK, then would be very tempted to find one to replace my early (chromed barrel) M11-A1 which was not Wink

(lubs me DAK for CCW)

Very, very happy for you ! ! !

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Great find at a pretty good price - shows sold out now. I love my 229 - dependable and accurate.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Here is what she looks like now! All I did was replace the grips with Hogue Checkered G10 grips, and Hogue Extreme grip screws. The TALO grips felt great, but I just couldn't get past the skunk stripes on the back of the grips.

Matt

Matthew Logan

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Classic style 13-rd. frame and slide, with short extractor. Were I in the market for a P229, that's the one I'd buy. Had a M11A1, much prefer what you bought. Didn't realize this style was still available new.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those "Classic Carry" editions are great deals...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, and nice price. would have to take a black sharpie to the obnoxious white SIG logo on the top strap...

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice....My P229 SAS 9mm with Hogue pirahnna G-10's is my favorite shooter.....congrats on your buy, I'm sure you'll love it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sig protects my life, home, and family....."God guards my soul"

Posts: 1477 | Location: owensboro, ky | Registered: December 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful and a nice price. I love my 228 but that slide profile is sexy as well.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post