SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Those of you looking for P239 9mm mags...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Those of you looking for P239 9mm mags... Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The P239 discontinuation is a sensitive subject for folks in Exeter. With limited manufacturing resources available and the P239 eating from the bottom line of the P225A1 and production of the P365 ramping up, something had to go and it was the P239. They won’t be coming back anytime soon as the P239 part numbers have been purged from Sigs internal use database.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Harrumph. My P239 9mm sits in the safe with my S&W 915... wonderful guns, but use has to be tender with the lack of parts and support a real issue if they are used heavily.

As to magazines, I don't see why Sig can't maintain a stock of P239 magazines, perhaps from Mec-Gar, and why that wouldn't be economically feasible long after the P239 leaves the catalog. A magazine is a complete end item. Selling a mere 50 or 100 a year could be economically viable for years to come.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post