SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Those of you looking for P239 9mm mags...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Those of you looking for P239 9mm mags... Login/Join 
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted
I bought a few of the "new" P225A1 9mm magazines to test fit to my P239.
The lock in and slides catches correctly.
They do stick down a smidge, but I have a solution for that as well.
I ordered a few P239 base plates and inserts.
The magazine bodies are identical, so I don't foresee any issues converting the base plates.
All in, the cost is still less than what the crazy people on Ebay are charging.
Please note: I have not test fired yet, but again, I don't think there will be any issues.
I hope that this information is helpful for any you folks looking for some mags!
If I can, I may upload some pics later.

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
We’re did you find the P239 base plates and inserts?

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

Numrich

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c_zielsdorf:
quote:

Numrich

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/887680

Posts: 362 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought any but it says they're in stock.

https://www.tacticalassaultgea...ine-9mm-8-round.html

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Good man! Thank you
quote:
Originally posted by c_zielsdorf:
quote:

Numrich

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update to this.
I received the base plates and inserts.
The 225 inserts will actually work with the 239 base plates.

Disabled combat vet

posted Hide Post
I bought two mags from tactical assault gear got them in a week. Is anybody else upset with Sig for basically abandoning p239 owners just like Smith did with the third generation semis? It took only a few weeks for Sig to sell off the mags, and parts kits at blow out prices, at least Smith took years to do that. I am sure that Sig will still support the P239, but I don’t like the looks of how this went down. I bought a new P239 during the Mag rebate, but mine wasn’t the correct model so no two free mags for me.
quote:

Posts: 140 | Location: Western New York | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like I undercharged for 239 10 rd mags; plus the 40'357: but that's OK, a few here are benefiting. Have very few 357 and 40 mags for 239 left if anyone is interested and not raising price.

Not being active on the board, totally missed Sig's
not longer supporting 239? Did they ever say why? Probably the 320 and 365 models/

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To the OP thanks for the heads up. I understand Sig not having magazines available, did MecGar abandon the 239 also.

I use to be indecisive...but now I'm not so sure

Posts: 17 | Registered: May 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I can't fault a manufacturer for not wanting to keep an inventory of parts for a gun they no longer produce. I'm sure they have some for warranty claims but I don't expect them to produce them for retail sale. Do people get mad at Ford because they cannot walk into a dealership and order a factory new part for a 1965 Mustang? Smith took so long to divest themselves from the third gen parts because there were a bunch of agencies still using them. With only a few left it makes sense for them to reduce their overhead. And again I bet they have a few set aside for those agencies that still issue them. Is there a rule that says a manufacturer must support their product for X years? The P239 came out around '95 or so I believe?

And yes, I own a P239.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I can't fault a manufacturer for not wanting to keep an inventory of parts for a gun they no longer produce......Is there a rule that says a manufacturer must support their product for X years? The P239 came out around '95 or so I believe?

It's probably not against the law to not support the products you sell but that doesn't make it good policy either! The issue isn't when the first P239 was sold but rather when Sig sold the last one. Sig was manufacturing the P239 at least thru November of last year and they were available NIB from dealers within the last couple months. It's not unreasonable for buyers to expect Sig to support a gun they have just purchased!

More troubling, it seems Sig is getting out of the parts business even for guns still in production. Have you tried to buy a recoil spring for a 40 cal P229, or an 8 round mag for the P220? Or a parts kit for some of the models? There may be a few of them floating around out there but they are generally not available and are listed as out of stock on the Sig web site.

Posts: 8 | Registered: March 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Believe it is the law for automobile manufacturers to manufacture parts for "x" number of years after a model vehicle has ceased production? Due to the "stigma" attached to firearms by our "elites", likely would never happen with guns: but we, as consumers can be a powerful voice if we act collectively! We should lobby the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the trade association to have some uniform standards for product support?

If Sig is taking this stance on product support ending rather abruptly, how will they ever be able to honor their vaunted "lifetime warranty"?
Seems natural that warranty will have to, of necessity, go away? Look to the details of new product launches over the next couple of years?
Will Sig be moving toward more striker fired polymer pistols and away from the "classics"?

A thunderous outcry from Sigforum members 8-10 years ago made Sig reverse some ill conceived
policy: but can't remember what it was, maybe some of you veterans can? Maybe something to do with CPO pistols, possibly finish? Don't ever hear about those anymore, do we?

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I just buy spare 239s, it's a terrible gun "by the numbers" but I've come to the conclusion that it's probably the best gun SIG makes (or made) for the civilian market.
I just got another one, just because it was DAK and it was a good deal, and 9mm (which I already have two of). At Christmas I got a smoken' deal on a factory 357 SIG P-239. converstion barrels smaverstion barrel, just buy another gun. Parts kits? just buy another gun, they're rarely expensive.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I expect sig to support a pistol that I purchased new a few months ago. I understand that the Mag bodies need to go to the p225A1 production now, and that it makes no sense to continue to sell a pistol (P239) that competes with their new model, but you still don’t drop mags and springs. I know that sig needs to sell new pistols to stay in business, and won’t keep going on replacement mags and such. I keep the replacement parts issue in mind when purchasing, and will look elsewhere for any future purchases, very happy with my site so far, but will look to other manufacturers for new purchases which will be hammer fired, and supported after sale.

Posts: 140 | Location: Western New York | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
I would think that P239 support should last at least 5 years from discontinuation.

Disabled combat vet

posted Hide Post
If my 239 breaks I probably can send it to sig for repair they probably still support it in those terms, but go to the sig store and buy a 239 magazine, they do not even show that model in their drop down in the magazine section. Magazines should be available for a long time after the model is dropped. Try for a spare parts kit I bet that’s gone too. To me that is part of product support, and as you can tell it does not sit well with me. I will get off my soapbox and keep my opinions on this in check.

posted Hide Post
As we all know, many "malfunctions" are magazine
related! Maybe Mec-Gar can be lobbied to manufacture? They probably manufactured the original 239 mags?

770-977-0662

posted Hide Post
I spoke with a Sig customer service rep and from what he said the P239 repairs will be made but don't expect to see magazines again. I then asked about the 225A1 mags and he said they are on backorder. I told him maybe I should buy a Glock and replied "you can do what you think is best". Not a good answer.

I use to be indecisive...but now I'm not so sure

Posts: 17 | Registered: May 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
Another update:
I ran the pistol with my "converted" mags today, and as expected, no problems.

Disabled combat vet