SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The G43 is a glorious little gun.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The G43 is a glorious little gun. Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
G43 in a Desantis Nemesis in a pocket is my EDC. Fantastic pistol

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I don't know what it is that lends the G43 such accuracy, but at close quarters range it is fantastically instinctive to point and shoot. I shoot it more accurately at speed than my 26. It is a wonderful little pistol.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife won a random pistol at a GSSF match in November. She chose the 43. Cant wait for it to come in.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a Sig guy but carry a Glock G43. Installed a trigger connector, sights, CT laser.Also refinish the slide.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like mine. I was told by a few owners that is it is not fun to shoot. Truth be told, 200 rounds at the range is not a big deal. I have 500 rounds through mine with various grains and bullet types. All 100% flawless. Changes made, Talons, Trigicon HD XR's, an APEX trigger and Pearce pinky grip extensions. When I get a Glock the first things to go are the sights and trigger. The OEM trigger in my 43 was painful. The safety tab in the trigger would not fully depress flush with the face of the trigger and was raised. Again, Painful.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The G43 changed my mind about Glocks - so I got a G42 and then dumped my Kahrs. Kahrs can be finicky, you can't slingshot the side (have to use slide release lever), can't reverse the mag button, and takedown sucks.

The hump which I hate seems not to affect my grip on the single stacks so much. I have since tried to move to Gen4's for carry and general use, but the grips are still too blocky for my hand and the grip angle is what it is. Compared to a VP9 or PPQ it's still no contest for me.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gordynismo:
The OEM trigger in my 43 was painful. The safety tab in the trigger would not fully depress flush with the face of the trigger and was raised. Again, Painful.

The factory G43 trigger (at least on mine) was heavy and gritty, and seemed inconsistent. I tried a ghost rocket connector, even though I'm not a big fan of aftermarket parts in Glocks, and it made a huge improvement. Glock came out with a replacement connector of their own, equivalent to the minus (-) connector for all their other models, and it's great. I've got several thousand rounds on that and it's very reliable, consistent. The center tab on the trigger itself can be trimmed back, but I'll take the inconvenience of a slightly raised surface to ensure that the trigger safety is completely depressed when shooting.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like them so much, I got another one.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win Forever
posted Hide Post
I hated mine at first, then through suggestions of others here, I added talon grips and a Vickers slide stop. Love it for EDC...

Posts: 691 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AVG:
I am a Sig guy but carry a Glock G43. Installed a trigger connector, sights, CT laser.Also refinish the slide.

AVG, nice, I like the 2 tone look. Who did the refinish job?

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post