SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The G43 is a glorious little gun.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The G43 is a glorious little gun. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Finally got 250 rounds down the pipe. Very easy to shoot for a small grip pistol. For all the opinions on the glock hump, it works brilliantly on a pistol this size.

50 straight rounds of HST +P was easy easy. The recoil was painless and mild. The muzzle was there though. It really wants to torque upwards especially with the flush fit 6 rounders.

Very easy to shoot accurately, although I was only at 7 yards. After some initial flyers, shooting through the same baseball size hole was boringly easy.

Just put the TFX sights and installed. Next trip I will put it through the paces at distance and see how it goes. 50 round nds more of HST and 200-300 more Ball, and it will be goof to go.

One thing odd. After a couple of hundred rounds, it got really hot, I mean really hot. I don’t think any other polymer pistols are able to feel this hot through the polymer.

I shot the HST through a Pearce 7 round baseplate magazine. Ran fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
The Glock 43 has its place for easy carry and for deep concealment. And when I pull the trigger it goes bang 100% of the time.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
The Glock 43 has its place for easy carry and for deep concealment. And when I pull the trigger it goes bang 100% of the time.

Yep. I use these +1s:

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-43%2B1

FWIW, I've never fired 250 rds at a time from any of my Glocks. My 229, yes.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Yes it is! Easy Day Carry

Posts: 13811 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:

Yep. I use these +1s:

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-43%2B1

FWIW, I've never fired 250 rds at a time from any of my Glocks. My 229, yes.

I was function testing basically. Determining it was reliable.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
G43 has been my EDC for quite awhile now. It is really easy to carry. I carry 2 o clock in a JM custom IWB hostler and forget it's there most times. Best small carry gun I've come across since I got my LTC some 20 years ago.

It's been 100% at the range, but I'll admit +P are a bit too heavy for my liking and I carry standard pressure HST 124 gr. I've been testing the HST 150 gr short barrel load and there is some promise with these loads. Unfortunately they cost more that twice as much as standard HSTs.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
wait until you shoot the 42 it's all those things and almost no recoil. softest shooting gun I have ever had the pleasure of owning. wish it had a 15 rd compact mag Smile

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto the + comments on the G43. It is my only Glock and a great small carry piece.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
G43 and G42 are great summer guns.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love it too, the hump works on this one. I have to get rid of that serrated trigger though...ugh..

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great guns, I recently got one for my wife (in Robbins egg blue) for her birthday. She goes running out around this village and she wanted something a bit different than the revolver I gave her. She loves it, fits her hand perfectly and she can shoot it well. We keep her loaded up with underwood extreme penetrator which is awesome Ammo for woods carry.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the 43 I have and I am also thinking about getting a smooth/flat trigger for it. I had a 42 I sold in order to get the 43 and it is amazing at how nice the 42 was to shoot. It has almost no recoil,even with the higher power loads,even for a 380.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Picked up a Ghost +2 mag extension and spring. I already shot the Pearce +1. It ran fine with the HST.

I’ll give a report on the ghost. I haven’t seen much discussion on it but the guy at the LGS uses them and swears by them.

TCB all the time...

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah my G43 runs good with the Pearce +1 and Vickers +2. Had bad luck with several ETS mags, the same brand which has worked great in my G19 & G42. It might have been something with the Vickers slide stop, as it was choking some with OEM mags too. But once I removed it the thing went back to 100% with the OEMs (haven't tested the ETS again, yet).

My G42 came with a Ghost +1. Only shot it a couple of times with that magazine, worked fine but has not seen extensive use.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my G43 as well. I use the Vickers +2 and have had no issues at all with close to 700 rounds through it.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Up to 1600+ through mine, though I confess that I don't carry it much since I don't have any issues (most of the time) hauling around my G23. I ran another 240 rounds through it a couple of days back after reading about and in honor of all of the "issues" with some of the early 365s. Yes it does get warm, but I do recall most of my 'pocket 9s' do so as well when the round counts add up. They're not big in size with lots of surface area for heat to find avenues to dissipate through. The heat buildup is going to be more concentrated on such guns. Besides, most folks won't usually take a small CC pistol and shoot the snot out of it in one session, so that's the reason why we wouldn't hear about such things.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I would get one if I didn't already have a PPS setup. Would like to try one some day.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes the G43 is a great little pistol that is the same length and height (with flush mag) as the J-frame snub. I can shoot mine twice as accurately as my snub though.

Posts: 32 | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Mine has been 100% reliable.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never liked Glocks so much until I got a 43.
Love it.
Only Glock I have now.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post