SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looks like Sig is discontinuing the P239...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Sig is discontinuing the P239... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
always liked the P239 for .357 sig, with extended mag.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
I look forward to that but I imagine there will not be too many and they will be DAK.

True, but I never saw that as a negative. I actually quite like DAK, have several Sigs equipped in that manner. Once they're properly 'shot in', they remind me of older S&W revolvers; you get the same trigger pull every time and you can stage the snot of out them. Not a bad option at all.

I agree. I have several 239's,229's and 226 which are DAK equipped and find them to be just as shootable as anything else.`You just need to spend the time learning the system. As an aside Raider, is the Texas DPS and the Rangers one in the same or two different entities?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
If they want sell off some 9mm 239 mags, I'd buy a few.

Other than that, if the guns do not sell, why would they continue to make them?

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ca...earch/result/?q=p239

Have you, or anyone you know dealt with them before?

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the link. FWIW, I had a 10rd 9mm mag and it sucked. Totally reliable, but extremely bulky and would disassemble itself when dropped on concrete range floor.

I found the Sig OEM "Plus 1" kit to be a better solution. Nine instead of 10 though. The kit (discontinued now) is/was supposed to be for .40 mags only. I have them installed on all my forty and nine mags with no issues.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
always liked the P239 for .357 sig, with extended mag.

Same. It was my edc for well over ten years. Sad to hear of it going dodo but plenty in the used market and I doubt part availability will go away. It is still an outstanding firearm. At the end of my better part of 20 year ownership, I had +1’s on every mag, 357 in it 24/7 with 40 and 9mm barrels (and 9mm magz) for ultimate versatility. It carries gray in a VMII although quite heavy for the size. But the benefit is the shootability. It always shot like a full size pistol and the 357 version, to me, remains the #2 357sig pistol of all time, second to only the 229. Perhaps the value will go up on pristine examples now.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
I keep mine next to my bed with CT laser grips.
Sig USA is doing a good job of getting rid of their German built guns. All my favorites!

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I was actually just thinking about getting one.

A local gun shop, Tanners Sports Center just got 100 of them in 9mm with threaded barrels and Siglite night sites selling them for $560.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
Go for it! Good pistol and value.
Does it have the SRT trigger?

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiddlers:
Go for it! Good pistol and value.
Does it have the SRT trigger?

Yep!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
quote:
I look forward to that but I imagine there will not be too many and they will be DAK.

True, but I never saw that as a negative. I actually quite like DAK, have several Sigs equipped in that manner. Once they're properly 'shot in', they remind me of older S&W revolvers; you get the same trigger pull every time and you can stage the snot of out them. Not a bad option at all.

Absolutely true. All of my SIG's are DAK.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I put in an order a few days ago. Haven't received yet. Some online reviews were favorable.

+++

Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

A local gun shop, Tanners Sports Center just got 100 of them in 9mm with threaded barrels and Siglite night sites selling them for $560.

Good price. There are a load of TAC models (threaded barrel, Elite slide, SRT, 2x 8 round mags, 1x 10 round mag, night sights) on the internet right now. Best price I found was $599 at Guns Midwest.

+++

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I can promise all that my old sweetie 239 will NOT be for sale. I can shoot that handgun better than any of my other semis.

This^^^^^
With some G10 grips it is part of my hand and shoots instinctively.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Over the years, I came close to buying a 9mm P239 on a couple of occasions but didn't. Glad I waited because the P225A1 I bought is the nicest, best single stack 9mm pistol out there or that I have personally shot, including 3rd Gen Smith's IMHO. I'm not hung up about the capacity being lower either. That is part of the reason the grip and balance feel so good. Extremely accurate and great trigger too. People leery of lower capacity should really give the P225A1 a try. I bet you'll like it. Plenty of 1911s out there serving well with 8+1 capacity and gunmagwarehouse.com has the P225A1 mags on sale too. They are GTG. Bought some mags from them and received them without issue and in the retail boxes.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I ordered a couple 239-9 mags and received them today, they are factory mags in the Sig box. I also ordered a couple from TGS right before I saw the post for the mag warehouse and they are factory as well but just wrapped in plastic. All four mags look identical.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that SIG will "find" some P239s that were in the "warehouse" several times a year.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cazio:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I ordered a couple 239-9 mags and received them today, they are factory mags in the Sig box. I also ordered a couple from TGS right before I saw the post for the mag warehouse and they are factory as well but just wrapped in plastic. All four mags look identical.

I ordered 6, got them today. Brand spanking new. As in, dated 10/17.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

Good price. There are a load of TAC models (threaded barrel, Elite slide, SRT, 2x 8 round mags, 1x 10 round mag, night sights) on the internet right now. Best price I found was $599 at Guns Midwest.

Ive bought from Guns Midwest before and am a fan. They generally have good prices.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Sold my P239 9mm years ago. The combination of size, weight and low capacity made it expendable to me.

I cant shoot my P224 much better than my 239, hand size and grip circumference are key to me.

Same here....I really wanted to love my P239 but it just never felt right and I sold it and switched to the P224 for CC

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I put in an order a few days ago. Haven't received yet. Some online reviews were favorable.

I placed an order after reading this thread, received my order in 5 days, and shipping was only $5. Sealed in factory packaging. I am a satisfied customer.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post