SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looks like Sig is discontinuing the P239...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Sig is discontinuing the P239... Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
If they want sell off some 9mm 239 mags, I'd buy a few.

Other than that, if the guns do not sell, why would they continue to make them?

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ca...earch/result/?q=p239

Thanks for the link Photoman!
I bought a couple and they were delivered promptly. Very good place to do business with.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Interesting, I was actually just thinking about getting one.

A local gun shop, Tanners Sports Center just got 100 of them in 9mm with threaded barrels and Siglite night sites selling them for $560.

I like Tanners a lot. I am far away but do business with them on used pistols. They ALWAYS accurately describe their used stuff and if they say like new or mint it arrives that way. Have a pistol from them on me as I type this. Great pricing too, very fair.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P239 is easily my favorite and best shooting pistol. I can see based on capacity and weight how it is outclassed by the competition. In terms of accuracy, it's second to none!

Since they are mentioned in this thread, I wanted to give a shout out to Tanners. They along with Taregtworld are my two favorite local shops! They both have great people working for them and good prices!

Sig - Beretta - Ruger - Colt - Glock

Posts: 79 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
quote:
If they want sell off some 9mm 239 mags, I'd buy a few.

Other than that, if the guns do not sell, why would they continue to make them?

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ca...earch/result/?q=p239

Thanks for the link Photoman!
I bought a couple and they were delivered promptly. Very good place to do business with.

You're welcome. Mine arrived very fast.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Picked up two P239’s from Tanner’s sequential serial numbers, should pick them up this week. Great to deal with over the phone..looks like the last 5 ended up on GB.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
Well that's a damn shame. It's been my EDC since I bought it in OCT. of 16. Largest 9mm that I can appendix carry comfortably and the smallest that I can shoot accurately. Mine's a 2-tone KJ with Nill grips. Sent it off to SIG for their service package last May. Guess I need to buy some mags and parts kits.

Posts: 383 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
my .40 cal 239 is so accurate it's almost supernatural. I carried it on my vest for years, so most of the finish is rubbed off one side, but that doesn't effect the way it shoots.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have one in 40, converted to .357 SIG. It's a keeper, accurate, soft-shooting, and having a good grip with the +1 mag. But those were the modifications I had to make in order to make it work for me - basically making it closer in grip dimensions to a new P225A1.

Haven't taken measurements of either, but to me my P239 with the+1 mag feels similar in weight and balance to the P225A1 I've handled in gunshops.

I switch between my 239/.357 and my P232 for my EDC.

Posts: 31 | Registered: December 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is worth noting that over the years Sig has been known to remove SKU's from their price list and still take orders and build them.

In recent months I've been able to order (and they've delivered) a number of P290RS variants in both 9mm and .380 ACP.

While they are not in the 2018 price list, the P239's can still be ordered in a number of flavors. Will they continue to allow orders through all of 2018? No idea.

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the more reason to love mine!

And maybe find another one for my GF.
(She keeps threatening to take mine.)

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Interesting, I was actually just thinking about getting one.

A local gun shop, Tanners Sports Center just got 100 of them in 9mm with threaded barrels and Siglite night sites selling them for $560.

I like Tanners a lot. I am far away but do business with them on used pistols. They ALWAYS accurately describe their used stuff and if they say like new or mint it arrives that way. Have a pistol from them on me as I type this. Great pricing too, very fair.

Ray Jr is a good guy. He sells so many guns distributors seek him out and give him great deals on large volume items. He sells guns by the 100’s over there. Tanners is probably the best brick and mortar gunstore I have ever been to. One of the few stores who’s instore prices are as good as online prices.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sunkist
posted Hide Post
I got a Certified Pre-owned .40/357Sig last summer. It looked like it had never been fired. For whatever reason, I seem to shoot that as good as anything I've ever owned. And that includes a number of double stack Sigs. I sure am happy I got it when I did.

"In The Land of the Blind, the One-Eyed Man is King."

Posts: 161 | Location: North Central Minnesota | Registered: January 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
My primary duty weapon since I got promoted has been a P239 DAK in .40. For me what made all the difference was changing to the G10 grips. I hated the feel of the factory panels and wasn't a fan of the finger grooves on the rubber grips, but the G10 completely changes the feel of the gun for me in a very positive way.

I've stocked up on about a dozen spare magazines to rotate in as my existing mags wear. I wish I could find magazine springs somewhere, but no one seems to stock them. I put a couple of recoil springs back as well.

I hate when a company discontinues a gun I carry. I start getting paranoid about replacement parts.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Same here. Been using the checkered G10's for several years. The back strap on the factory P239 grips is just plain slippery, while the G10 provides nice purchase.

Try some skateboard tape on the front strap as well. IMO, most of the control is fore and aft not on the grip sides. Front and rear are the high pressure points for maintaining recoil control.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
My primary duty weapon since I got promoted has been a P239 DAK in .40. For me what made all the difference was changing to the G10 grips. I hated the feel of the factory panels and wasn't a fan of the finger grooves on the rubber grips, but the G10 completely changes the feel of the gun for me in a very positive way.

I've stocked up on about a dozen spare magazines to rotate in as my existing mags wear. I wish I could find magazine springs somewhere, but no one seems to stock them. I put a couple of recoil springs back as well.

I hate when a company discontinues a gun I carry. I start getting paranoid about replacement parts.

Magazine springs are in stock as I type this...
https://www.midwestgunworks.co.../mgwi/prod/SPRING-19

Posts: 60 | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 239 DAK 357 ICE issue gun with the etched bar code on the slide , I sold it to a friend and never looked back . He still has it, he can not hit shit with it he told me .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
My 228 started the journey in 1994. It will always be first in my heart but if I had to pick a pistol to take one shot to save the world it would be with my 239 in 357 sig. It is stupid accurate.

4-5 years ago I had a chance to pick up the extended mags for 357 sig and was able to get 7 of them. That pistol is always in arms reach.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 239 that I bought in 1996 is my most carried pistol of any I own. It is the smallest pistol I own that feels like a full-size in my hands. Yes, it is a little large for what it was designed for by today's standards, but it hides easy enough in a waistband, and it isn't too heavy. I bought 20 8 round factory mags for it, so I should be good to go there. I reckon I ought to find another extractor as a spare, and a few springs for it, as I plan on continuing to carry it.

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody have a line on a factory extractor? I know they aren't easy to find. It looks like there is an "old style" and a "new style." For a gun produced in the 90s, would the old style be the correct one?

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Battlecloth:

Magazine springs are in stock as I type this...
https://www.midwestgunworks.co.../mgwi/prod/SPRING-19

THANK YOU! I've been hunting those for awhile with no luck.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post