SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looks like Sig is discontinuing the P239...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Sig is discontinuing the P239... Login/Join 
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
As a corollary, it seems like Sig is lowering the curtain on the 357 Sig cartridge as well.

Can you elaborate ???

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Was the US P210 on the pricing list? SIG seems top be doing a stealth launch.

Yes it is.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any new guns deadman? P365, P210 carry, sigpro compact?

Thanks

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sox:

Thanks

Negative. SP2022 is likely the next gun on the chopping block.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:
quote:
Originally posted by sox:

Thanks

Negative. SP2022 is likely the next gun on the chopping block.

Maybe if they would update the SP2022 to use P320 magazines or something.

It's silly that sig has three different double stack magazines for three different "compact" pistols.

Actually, with the recent reissue of the P229 9mm magazines and frames, they now have four in circulation.

P229 9mm
P229-1 9mm
P250/P320
SP2022

All of them are largely incompatible. The P229 9mm can work in the P229-1 9mm.

Just crazy of SIG, and I am not counting the single stacks of similar size, either (or that would be another two), or past pistols (P250 first generation, though afaik, those could be retrofitted?).

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
What's next? The P225-A1 Compact Carry. You know, shorten the grip to the P239's length, and use the P239 mag. That's the least they can do, if they're not going to make a 9-, or 10-, round mag for the 225-A1. Roll Eyes

I tried my 239 lower with my 225-A1 upper and vice versa and the fitting looks just fine. I didn’t shoot them though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
If they want sell off some 9mm 239 mags, I'd buy a few.

Other than that, if the guns do not sell, why would they continue to make them?

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Did they discontinue the P229 Stainless Elite? I don't see it on the website any more.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
At some point next year, CDNN will likely get quite a few P239's in .357Sig from the Texas DPS, as they are going to soon transition their plainclothes folks who have them to the subcompact P320. It's decent bet, anyway. Last few times DPS dumped a bunch of their old Sigs, they ended up with CDNN.

Posts: 792 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Sad for the 239 fans, but not surprising. Hints of backing off of .40 and .357 Sig are somewhat heartening. They're reading the tea leaves. Fewer choices for the consumer can be frustrating, but I would like to see Sig-Sauer survive and thrive.

Deadmanmike, bummer to hear the SP2022 is probably next to go. I've gone totally Glock the last five years, but I would still like to own a Sig Pro. I'll go further to say I'm a bit disappointed they didn't seem to really ever get behind that design. Always felt like they treated it like a bit of a red-headed stepchild sorta thing. Of the SIG pistols I've asked to try the trigger on at the gun counter, Sig Pro pistols have had the most surprisingly smooth and sweet triggers.

Posts: 17048 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one of the originals and stupidly traded it for my 228 which at the time I thought was a brilliant idea. I've have been looking for one and this thread made me want one all the more, I just ordered one from a cabelas in Washington to my local cabelas. Excited to reacquaint myself with the 239.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
A P225A1 with a shorter grip of the same contour would be a purchase for me (probably). I much prefer th contours of the P225 to the P239, but the grip length makes the new model too close in size envelope to my P229s for me to invest (that and the DOOFUS mag design...who thought that up???).

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ca...earch/result/?q=p239

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
At some point next year, CDNN will likely get quite a few P239's in .357Sig from the Texas DPS, as they are going to soon transition their plainclothes folks who have them to the subcompact P320. It's decent bet, anyway. Last few times DPS dumped a bunch of their old Sigs, they ended up with CDNN.

I look forward to that but I imagine there will not be too many and they will be DAK.

https://eprocure.dps.texas.gov...parentUrl=activeBids

+++

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
quote:

Thanks for the link. I just ordered two but unfortunately I ordered a couple about an hour before your post. Well you can never have to many mags.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks for passing this along!

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hay2bale:
quote:
quote:

Thanks for passing this along!

You're welcome. I just put in an order for four today. Smile

+++

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for that mag site. I'm going to throw some $$$ their way every pay check for a bit. Good prices!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11441 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
I look forward to that but I imagine there will not be too many and they will be DAK.

True, but I never saw that as a negative. I actually quite like DAK, have several Sigs equipped in that manner. Once they're properly 'shot in', they remind me of older S&W revolvers; you get the same trigger pull every time and you can stage the snot of out them. Not a bad option at all.

Posts: 792 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Hmm, little sad. I have one in 357Sig. Seems like they are stopping all the ones I like DA/SA 239, 224, 229 Legion all in 357Sig.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post