SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looks like Sig is discontinuing the P239...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Sig is discontinuing the P239... Login/Join 
Picture of deadmanmike
posted
The 2018 Price list went to Dealers earlier today, looks like Sig will officially be killing off the P239 in all flavors. Also looks as if the P229 Legion in 40 and 357 will also be killed off. It looks like Sig is significantly downsizing their catalog as far as unique models go. The pricing list is too large to post, but if there are any particular models that you guys would like info on, let me know.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the demise of the P239, did they at least introduce a magazine for the P225A1 that can hold another round?

Posts: 4687 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
With the demise of the P239, did they at least introduce a magazine for the P225A1 that can hold another round?

One can only hope!
You would of thought that Sig would of done it right and designed a proper magazine?

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
They were supposed to discontinue it for 2016 or 2017 but got a contract order which is what kept them in production.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What's next? The P225-A1 Compact Carry. You know, shorten the grip to the P239's length, and use the P239 mag. That's the least they can do, if they're not going to make a 9-, or 10-, round mag for the 225-A1. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26152 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think a definite clue was the sale of .40 cal mags in 239 and 226 for less than 10 bucks apiece. Glad I loaded up! A dozen of each ought to keep me shooting for a while.

Posts: 17112 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
How unpleasant.

Silly gits.

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15827 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, in today's world, it is a bit big for what it is. An that's just the sign of the times. My 9mm Shield holds the same 8 +1 and is smaller, lighter and just as accurate (IMHO).

And the Germans are a practical people. Take that however you want.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

I love my early P239. Gah.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then it's time to give up on a 22 conversion kit for the 239.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad to see an old friend go. Law of the jungle...if it doesn't sell it goes. Got mine in 2005.

Fortunately, I have everything I need. P239 .40, 9mm barrel, pile of .40 and 9mm mags, Sig "Plus 1" kits for all of the mags, G10 grips.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
huh..kinda saw that coming. when some one was asking about the 239. My opinion was that it conceals and shoots well but gives up to many rounds to comparable pistols. Looks like the sales have not been enough to sustain it. I am stll supprised that Sig brought back the 225 for the same reason.

I was going to sell my 239 but I might hang on to it now!!!

Posts: 7790 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a SAS Gen 2 about 2 months ago. I loved the way it looked and felt, but I couldn't shoot it as accurately as my full size p226 and p220. So, I luckily sold it for exactly what i payed.

Posts: 29 | Location: 9007 Stonebridge Dr | Registered: November 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I think a definite clue was the sale of .40 cal mags in 239 and 226 for less than 10 bucks apiece. Glad I loaded up! A dozen of each ought to keep me shooting for a while.
I can’t believe I missed that sale.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, rats. There goes the last production single stack DA/SA in California. Let's hope Beretta finally starts civilian production of the 92fs Compact Type-M (single stack)? They recently restarted production of the 92fs Compact (no rail) recently for a government contract somewhere.

I am still on fence as to whether or not I actually like my P239. It is too large to be small and too small to be large, and critically for me, mine choked hard on Federal HST 147 and micro 150 (which largely rely on).

I also cannot deny the P225A1 pretty much does everything the P239 can claim to do, with slightly better ergonomics in favor of the P225A1. IMO, the P239's ergonomics were hurt by its designer's waffling on whether or not they wanted a small subcompact pistol or a bigger single stack pistol.

My best guess (and it's a half assed one) is the classic P225 in Germany would compete against an American P239, so SIG started off designing a subcompact single stack to keep from having too much product overlap. Only to find out, the market for a small DA/SA with only a 2 finger grip was basically nil (cue the later, ill fated P224 attempt). Too late, the P239 frames had already entered production (again, I'm still storytelling here), and SIG did a last minute correction by extending the magazine baseplate and the grips. SIG would end P225 production to prevent product overlap, rather than update the P225 into the modern era, unlike the "modernized" P220, P226, and P228/9... All would be well until someone finally realized the P239 was largely held back by its ergonomics, and made a simple fix, branding the fix as the "P225A1," while retaining little similarity to the classic P225.

However, in my story, this leaves the P239 once again, orphaned. So its death was inevitable, long before anyone even thought to fix its ergonomics in the form of the P225A1.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Sold my P239 9mm years ago. The combination of size, weight and low capacity made it expendable to me.

If the discontinuation of the P228 Legion in .40 and .357 drop the price, that might be worth considering for me.

Posts: 13029 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Was the US P210 on the pricing list? SIG seems top be doing a stealth launch.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8815 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
As a corollary, it seems like Sig is lowering the curtain on the 357 Sig cartridge as well.

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15827 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can promise all that my old sweetie 239 will NOT be for sale. I can shoot that handgun better than any of my other semis.

Posts: 6596 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Sold my P239 9mm years ago. The combination of size, weight and low capacity made it expendable to me.

I cant shoot my P224 much better than my 239, hand size and grip circumference are key to me.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post